The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mysticmin
Hmm, I'd rather have Venice. I'm not too into Monaco and St. Barts. I like old cities with lots of beautiful architecture and museums and art galleries. Oh and shops :biggrin: Not too keen on america.

Monaco has fabulous architecture and many distinguished residents, all working towards the common ends of tax evasion and expanding their corporate interests. Should you ever fancy a beach retreat which is unspoilt by hasty developers and droves of package-holiday sojourners - St Bart's is the place.

As for The Hamptons - on second thoughts, I would rather have a New England colonial-style Governor's residence. But then a magnate like myself will be able to pick and choose his place of residence, effortlessly. :wink:
Reply 21
I just want to be my employees friend...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA only kidding, classic
Reply 22
does anyone know engineers workload. i mean is it around 9-5 everyday like most jobs? i dont want a job where my whole life revolves around it. I wouldnt mind 10-4, 4 days a week getting 25k a year :smile: :biggrin:
chats
does anyone know engineers workload. i mean is it around 9-5 everyday like most jobs? i dont want a job where my whole life revolves around it. I wouldnt mind 10-4, 4 days a week getting 25k a year :smile: :biggrin:

Become a dentist - school hours, adult pay. :biggrin:
Reply 24
chats

It has always been 9-5 during my internships. Some places have flexi-time others not.
Reply 25
shiny
It has always been 9-5 during my internships. Some places have flexi-time others not.

weekends off?
Reply 26
I'm planning to go to the city after I graduate but i'm not sure how easy thats gonna be...

Shiny, what degree did you get? Are you jobhunting yet or are ppl headhunting you? :wink:
mobbdeeprob
Monaco has fabulous architecture and many distinguished residents, all working towards the common ends of tax evasion and expanding their corporate interests. Should you ever fancy a beach retreat which is unspoilt by hasty developers and droves of package-holiday sojourners - St Bart's is the place.

As for The Hamptons - on second thoughts, I would rather have a New England colonial-style Governor's residence. But then a magnate like myself will be able to pick and choose his place of residence, effortlessly. :wink:

But then you'd have to decorate each residence! Imagine how long that would take...especially if you're picky like me. No interior designers! :tongue:
Reply 28
jonas123
I'm planning to go to the city after I graduate but i'm not sure how easy thats gonna be...

Shiny, what degree did you get? Are you jobhunting yet or are ppl headhunting you? :wink:

A poor one
Reply 29
Intel CEO is a chemical engineer

Btw how to become a CEng? Finish MEng and then apply for some exams?
Reply 30
etomac

ive heard you have to do a covering/matching section. dont exactly know what it is though.
Reply 31
Do you think MEng and MPhil Engineering degrees are basically the same?
Reply 32
etomac

MEng then around 4-5 years professional experience (technical and management). Go to www.raeng.org.uk for details.

Latest