The Student Room Group

Insight day advice

Hi, I don't suppose that anybody would have any advice on making successful applications for insight days?

I've applied to a few last year and two this year but unfortunately haven't been successful. I'm going to apply for more this year but am looking to maximise my chances of acceptance really.

I understand they're competitive but I can't really think of any specific reason that I may have been rejected for quite a few. I thought my extracurriculars and CV were all good. I guess my GCSE grades might be fairly average for people probably applying (4 A* 4 A 3B ). Perhaps it might be writing a poor cover letter that is letting me down?

Thanks, would appreciate any advice really.
Original post by mpaterson
Hi, I don't suppose that anybody would have any advice on making successful applications for insight days?

I've applied to a few last year and two this year but unfortunately haven't been successful. I'm going to apply for more this year but am looking to maximise my chances of acceptance really.

I understand they're competitive but I can't really think of any specific reason that I may have been rejected for quite a few. I thought my extracurriculars and CV were all good. I guess my GCSE grades might be fairly average for people probably applying (4 A* 4 A 3B ). Perhaps it might be writing a poor cover letter that is letting me down?

Thanks, would appreciate any advice really.

Just apply and see how it goes. They're not the be all and end all.. Insight days are nice to have, but, definitely aren't a necessity for spring week recruiting.

If you want me to take a look at your CV/CL just shoot me a PM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Just apply and see how it goes. They're not the be all and end all.. Insight days are nice to have, but, definitely aren't a necessity for spring week recruiting.

If you want me to take a look at your CV/CL just shoot me a PM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much,
I will send one over when I write a new one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending