The Student Room Group

GCSE EdExcel Religious Studies help forum! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zanner
we did the 2012 mock in lesson and it was by faaaaaaaar the hardest mock ive seen so far the rest have been pretty good tbh

hoping tomorrow isnt like 2012 papers tbh........

last day revision masterrace

Lol... same stage here, but without no revision or past papers fk me
In part D do you have to name the denomination( for e,g "Roman catholics agree with ..." or can you say "Some christians believe.."
Original post by Blancosdos
In part D do you have to name the denomination( for e,g "Roman catholics agree with ..." or can you say "Some christians believe.."

You can just say some Christians believe, same with bible quotes if you don't know where it's from just say 'the bible states that...'
Original post by Alicefletcher1
You can just say some Christians believe, same with bible quotes if you don't know where it's from just say 'the bible states that...'

Thanks.Do you receive full credit.
Does anyone know whether it'd be alright to use on of those Uni-ball black ink pens for the exam? I heard that they're not allowed. :s-smilie:
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for this exam?
Original post by princessrae

They change every year, depending on how hard the exam was but are usually around high 70s (unit 2/unit 8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
only 1 day left REST IN PEPPERONI
Hi, Im okay with RS . I just keep running out of time. I am confident that if I manage to finish all of it I would get like a B or something but i just always run out of time and im really scared for tomorrow seeing as i have 2 exams tomorrow. Agh. (sorry for rant):h:
Original post by princessrae

Change every year but last year for unit 1 out of 84 was
A* - 79
A - 75
B - 67
C - 59
D - 48
E - 28
F - 28
G - 18
U - 0

And for unit 8 (also out of 84) they were:
A* - 79
A - 74
B - 64
C - 54
D - 44
E - 34
F - 25
G - 16
U - 0

Very high grade boundaries to reflect a very easy exam in my opinion.

Also good luck for tomorrow everyone!!
Original post by Mez.
Hello all :smile:

I was just revising for the GCSE RS exams on the 16th and 18th May 2016 and came up with an idea... a help forum :biggrin:

With such a weighty subject like RE, it's easy to forget little things here and there, it's a very information dense GCSE and if you forget 1 topic and mess up an exam question it can really affect your grade massively due to the ridiculous tight grade boundaries !! :frown:

So if you do this GCSE you could post a topic that you may need help with or reminding of and someone else could reply reminding you of the attitudes and enough info to help you answer an 8 mark question. E.g. I could ask for help with Christian attitudes to euthanasia and someone would help me and I could help others with topics e.c.t.

I don't know how popular this'll be but it's worth a shot right?:elefant:

So the exams are split into 2 papers, 1hr 30 mins each, each exam has 4/8 topics we have studied and each topic has all its sub-topics:

PAPER 1: Religion and Life (unit 1)
-Believing in God
-Matters of life and death
-Marriage and the family
-Religion and community cohesion

PAPER 2: Religion and society (Unit 8)
-Rights and Responsibilities
-Environmental and Medical issues
-Peace and Conflict
-Crime and Punishment

I think it'd work best if you be specific: if you say "I need help with the peace and conflict unit", someone would be here all day telling you about it because it's split into sub-topics ,so, state what specific sub-topic you'd like help with. For example, "I would like help with peace and conflict, specifically Muslim attitudes to war".

Get chatting all! Hope this works and helps anyone :biggrin:

Hi, I know this is last minute but I have this great resource for the exam especially if you get a question you are clueless about

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PCud7YGImhR_3K5OB6_wGpJe6Ttqr6DdahaA24R8L4k/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy
You should do according to my teacher
Reply 72
Original post by Blancosdos
Two questions:

For part B,do you get marks for saying "Yes i agree with this because as a Muslim/Christian i believe this because in the Quran(i'm Muslim) it says God designed the world"

For part A,do the answers have to be exact to Edexcel's definition.For E.g ,Edexcel definition of Abortion is "abortion the removal of a foetus from the womb before it can survive" but would i get a mark for saying "Abortion is the termination of a foetus before it has the will to survive".Anyways,the mark scheme says "award marks if reworded" but what constitutes those mark?

You should kept it as general so say that "Muslims believe that God had designed the world as it is said in the quraan..."And I'm sure it will be fine saying it like that but it's bext to stick with word to word defenitions to be on the safe side
So how did everyone find it? Personally I thought they were quite kind to us - especially for believing in God and matters of life and death!! :biggrin:
Hopefully I've got that A*...
Wonder how Wednesday's paper will turn out now haha
Hey guys. In the off chance u ticked a box saying you are doing q2 but instead u did all the q1 questions instead but u forgot to change the box to question 1 then will u get 0 marks for the whole section?

Oh this is edexcel rs unit 1 by the way
Original post by amjam441

Same issue.
Reply 76
That exam was by far the easiest thing I've done! No joke, edexcel have definitely been recycling their questions as I'd already done some of those questions in past papers! I am honestly so blessed and I'm going to go with my gut and do loads of practice papers for unit 8 on wednesday and hope that one of those questions comes up, because with R.S there's only so much you can ask to get an in depth answer.
Does anyone have any good Jewish quotes that can be applied to lots of different issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i ran out of time during this exam and i didnt fill all of the lines..oops hope i got a decent grade!!
How did everyone find today's exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending