The Student Room Group
Reply 1
go out and kick some things then come inside, turn off the power at the fuse box, get a torch, lock urself in a cupboard. Work. :biggrin:
Reply 2
ogs
It's soo dull! + everything rides on these exams! what to do?

Sorry, but there isn't much choice. Either revise and do well, or don't and underachieve. What else can one say?

I guess if you're having problems with revision, it's clearly due to motivation. I suggest trying to find something to motivate you to revise - Perhaps thinking of how you would feel on results day? :confused:
Reply 3
ogs

Know exactly how you feel. I find hitting the hell out of my drums works very very very slightly.
Reply 4
Indelible
go out and kick some things then come inside, turn off the power at the fuse box, get a torch, lock urself in a cupboard. Work. :biggrin:

Isn't it cramped in a cupboard? I like laying down on the bed when I revise!
Now I am purposly avoiding hard questions that will confuse me...aftre the exams tom, either I know it or I don't!:wink:
Reply 6
ogs

i know how you feel- we've just done so many exams it's getting silly now. when i couldn't revise i'd just take a break for a while, and force myself to get back to work after about half an hour. either that or change revision topic, or try a different method or something.
Reply 7
Text_Box
Isn't it cramped in a cupboard? I like laying down on the bed when I revise!

no pain no gain!
if i revise on my bed i go fall asleep :biggrin:
Reply 8
Eugh. Havent managed to bring myself to working all day long. This does not bode well for tomorrows physics exam..... How on earth to people find the energy to keep going?!?!
ogs - you have an offer from cambridge! Think about that:biggrin:
i'm getting pretty pissed off with revision now too, but my offer's a good motivation!
Reply 10
scarlet ibis
ogs - you have an offer from cambridge! Think about that:biggrin:
i'm getting pretty pissed off with revision now too, but my offer's a good motivation!

damn, i am applying in my gap year. no motivation at all. and if i get crap grades i dont go to uni and my gap year becomes 10. bargh.
Reply 11
ogs

Tell me about it..It was physics all day today...forgot to eat something...and tomorrow chemistry.....eeeeeeewww.....i'm so glad it's hopefully my final year..phewwwwwwww
Reply 12
BonnieLass
Eugh. Havent managed to bring myself to working all day long. This does not bode well for tomorrows physics exam..... How on earth to people find the energy to keep going?!?!

bahahahahaaa i'm not! im really scared i havnt revised enough! :eek: i've got physics tomoro too but i just COULDNT revise for s*** this weekend! im normally really good. maybe its something about the weather...
Reply 13
ogs
OP
yeah the cambridge offer gives motivation!but only to a point! (just to mention, after writting that post, i could suddenly revise once more, unleash it i say!)
+ It's just depressing when good friends have finished exams after tomorro! etc!!!! argh!!!! but only a week to go!
Reply 14
ogs
OP
have to think of the parties!!! there's one every day from friday for bout 10 days at least! delayed birthday parties! oh and the school leavers ball! yeah!
Reply 15
My further maths buddy bought me a punch bag for my 18th on Friday... Its quite good relief
Reply 16
anyone done all night revision, caus i may do it tonight for exam tommorow
chats
anyone done all night revision, caus i may do it tonight for exam tommorow

Did it for Geography and History back in the week of hell 14th-18th June.
It works best when you have an afternoon exam - like I did for History. I found that I could cram all night and up to 5am. Then I got 3 hours sleep, and woke up to revise up until midday. It worked fine - and I didn't feel like total sh*t. Although I got through half a jar of coffee that night.
Reply 18
mobbdeeprob
Did it for Geography and History back in the week of hell 14th-18th June.
It works best when you have an afternoon exam - like I did for History. I found that I could cram all night and up to 5am. Then I got 3 hours sleep, and woke up to revise up until midday. It worked fine - and I didn't feel like total sh*t. Although I got through half a jar of coffee that night.

yeh i got afternoon physics. i dont like coffee but i have a supply of red bull (8cans). but i wouldnt be able to sleep thinkin i still have to revise some stuff.
lol how come yer thread aint got THINK: whatever whatever?

Latest

Trending

Trending