The Student Room Group

Need an A in maths..... (THINK: And that should be in Maths should it not?)

hi, I need an overall A in maths and had to get 58UMS in M2 and P3. P3 was INSANELY hard, Im lucky to scrape 40UMS, and M2 I thought it was ok I messed up about 2 parts of a question, but EVERYONE thinks it was really easy which means they will raise the grade boundary, and I probably wont be secure with 60UMS! so basically Im screwed!

Before I thought id just breeze through M2 and P3 as I can concentrate on my other subjects coz I need a relatively low mark to get an A, but after both exams, I feel quite insecure now and quite rightly shitting myself!!. and.....errrm.......I dunno, anyone else wanna share their feelings?
Reply 1
I need a B and have sat all 6 of my modules over that past few weeks. I'm still not feeling particularly secure or confident and I just pray that my P3 grade doesn't screw me properly. :frown:
Reply 2
i also thought i would breeze through P3 and M2. damn the examiners. however i only need 50% in each to get an A so i might be ok. good luck!
Reply 3
As hard as it may be, the best thing to do is to squelch your fears and just forget about it until results day (or work hard for any remaining exams you have).

If it makes you feel any better, you're certainly not the only one with insecurities. Some of the best mathematicians I know are very worried about their results, and they still want to resit modules where they got in the high 80s just to make sure they don't miss an A at A2...but there's really very little you can do after you've sat the paper except not stress out about it.
Reply 4
I gotta get an A and i SCRAPED an A last year (240/300 - smack on the boundary) so i have no leniance where maths exams are required this year at all and yep - i, too, feel that i have screwed up in a major fashion!

We can only wait, hope and pray mate - tis not results day for over a month, but it will be here sooner than you know it!

Dear god,
I know,
i havn't always been the best kid in the class
but please
step in
be nice
and change the rules so i can pass!! :smile:
Reply 5
No point worrying abpout it now dude. It seems that everyone hates P3 anyway so the grade boundaries are probably low anyway. It's only natural to worry after you're exams but you'll probably find you've done better than you thought, just think of all those method marks they love to give away!
Reply 6
ResidentEvil
hi, I need an overall A in maths and had to get 58UMS in M2 and P3. P3 was INSANELY hard, Im lucky to scrape 40UMS, and M2 I thought it was ok I messed up about 2 parts of a question, but EVERYONE thinks it was really easy which means they will raise the grade boundary, and I probably wont be secure with 60UMS! so basically Im screwed!

Before I thought id just breeze through M2 and P3 as I can concentrate on my other subjects coz I need a relatively low mark to get an A, but after both exams, I feel quite insecure now and quite rightly shitting myself!!. and.....errrm.......I dunno, anyone else wanna share their feelings?

Need an A overall, and thought M2 went well, but P2 and P3 went really crap, so I'm praying I'll do alright in them and kicking myself due to not seeing the obvious methods. Am still feeling insecure but need to concentrate on my synoptics and P4 which are coming up.
Reply 7
Add me to the list the shit has hit the fan.......... does anyone know of anything that cud be done to prove my maths ability over the summer to prove the exams were just bad days .....any suggestions welcome
Reply 8
same here.
thats why i made a thread asking about a certain question to see if i'd get any marks.
i had 260 ish at AS but this yr messed up mechanics totally, and the other 2 were just abouts ok..
i have a feeling im going to get somewhere between 470-479 which is gonna piss me off :frown:
Reply 9
ShOcKzZ
same here.
thats why i made a thread asking about a certain question to see if i'd get any marks.
i had 260 ish at AS but this yr messed up mechanics totally, and the other 2 were just abouts ok..
i have a feeling im going to get somewhere between 470-479 which is gonna piss me off :frown:

I know im really scared that might happen, and itll piss me off to the max if it does. Cant wait till my exams are over though, I'll just get pissed for a good couple of days, and then enjoy the rest of the workless weeks. I quit my job a couple of weeks back so I could revise (yeah, that's pretty lame - but no regrets :biggrin:), and I'm not gonna bother with finding a job to work for summer, im waaaaaay too exhausted now, still got 2 exams left!

For those who still got a few exams left - hang in there! :wink:
Reply 10
I'm exactly the same for F.maths AS...i REALLY cant tell what i got.

I was the same for AS maths thinking id missed an A, ended up with 270+/300 :biggrin:

You'll be fine!

Latest