The Student Room Group

Career/A levels/GCSEs

What should I pick for my a levels if I want to become a pharmacist but could switch to accountancy have to pick 4 a levels my college said and here are my gcse grades btw:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
I am picking Chemistry and Biology 100% but was gonna do maths but people are saying grade 6 is so bad that I shouldn’t do it for a levels apparently is so hard but idk what do you think I should pick have to pick 4 btw and also gonna pick business studies bc got a grade 8 but people saying I should pick economics so I’m so confused what do you think I should pick remember have to pick 4 a levels (wanna become a pharmacist but could switch to accountancy!)
Are these your actual GCSE grades or just your predictions?

Why do you have to pick 4? No university or course requires 4 A levels.
Reply 2
For Pharmacy or Pharmacology - A level Chemistry and at least one other science/maths.

Chemistry, Biology and Maths would leave many good options open to you for a wide range of subjects/degrees.

As above, do not do 4 A levels unless the 4th is Further Maths.
Original post by aryc_30
What should I pick for my a levels if I want to become a pharmacist but could switch to accountancy have to pick 4 a levels my college said and here are my gcse grades btw:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
I am picking Chemistry and Biology 100% but was gonna do maths but people are saying grade 6 is so bad that I shouldn’t do it for a levels apparently is so hard but idk what do you think I should pick have to pick 4 btw and also gonna pick business studies bc got a grade 8 but people saying I should pick economics so I’m so confused what do you think I should pick remember have to pick 4 a levels (wanna become a pharmacist but could switch to accountancy!)

Bio chem maths is enough 4 a levels aren’t needed and is additional stress and could affect your other 3 grades
Reply 4
I have to pick 4 my college said so what 4 should I pick I need 1 more so I am choosing Chemistry,Biology,Maths and either economics or business bc I could switch to accountancy remember but which one do you think is the best option and easier and from my GCSEs grades/results and etc. and what 4 would you choose if you were in my situation thanks.

Original post by ashpritgcse2020
Bio chem maths is enough 4 a levels aren’t needed and is additional stress and could affect your other 3 grades
Reply 5
Why does no one understand I have to pick 4 my college said I am picking chemistry,biology,maths and either business or economics which one should I pick if I wanna become a pharmacist but could move and switch to accounting which is the best option from my GCSEs and results???

Original post by McGinger
For Pharmacy or Pharmacology - A level Chemistry and at least one other science/maths.

Chemistry, Biology and Maths would leave many good options open to you for a wide range of subjects/degrees.

As above, do not do 4 A levels unless the 4th is Further Maths.
Reply 6
Why does no one understand yes I have to pick 4 my question is what 4 should I pick if I wanna become an pharmacist but could switch to accounting what are your thoughts also these are my actual gcse grades and options???

Original post by PQ
Are these your actual GCSE grades or just your predictions?

Why do you have to pick 4? No university or course requires 4 A levels.
Original post by aryc_30
I have to pick 4 my college said so what 4 should I pick I need 1 more so I am choosing Chemistry,Biology,Maths and either economics or business bc I could switch to accountancy remember but which one do you think is the best option and easier and from my GCSEs grades/results and etc. and what 4 would you choose if you were in my situation thanks.

Your college can’t force you tbh for second year so do something fun that you like economics might be a shout but at the same time at my school after AS you could skip it trust me ask your teacher it’s not worth doing 4 a levels
Original post by aryc_30
Why does no one understand yes I have to pick 4 my question is what 4 should I pick if I wanna become an pharmacist but could switch to accounting what are your thoughts also these are my actual gcse grades and options???

Either way it doesn’t matter which you pick because you could always do a masters in accounting and finance after pharmacy
Reply 9
Ye I still important what should I pick???

Original post by ashpritgcse2020
Either way it doesn’t matter which you pick because you could always do a masters in accounting and finance after pharmacy
Original post by aryc_30
Ye I still important what should I pick???

For your 4th A level?
Whatever you like.

But you’d be better off telling your college to get stuffed or choosing a college that doesn’t force you to take 4 A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest