The Student Room Group

Shopper Unleashes Rant At Muslim Woman For Wearing Veil

A Muslim woman in west London was racially abused and called ‘Batman’, just because she was wearing a veil.

In the sickening clip, the woman who had popped into a local shop to buy some sweets was confronted by a man repeatedly asking her: “Why do you wear that?” referring to her hijab.

The abuse allegedly began when she walked into the shop and was greeted by the dad humming the Batman tune. He also allegedly said: “Say what you want girls, she won’t understand English anyway.”
That’s when she decided to film the verbal attack. At one point, he even tells her: “My kids can’t even see your face. How do I know if you’re a man or a woman?”

Throughout the row which took place yesterday the man’s children are obviously upset by the whole ordeal and start crying.

The woman than tell hims that he needs to set a better example for his kids, adding: “You’re ignorant you need to grow up and stop teaching kids that [language].”
It seems to have all finally blown over, but it soon quickly escalates after the man adds: “I know a white girl who married a Muslim man and she has an ISIS flag on her back wall.”

He just keeps hurling insult after insult until another Muslim customer and the shopkeeper have to get involved to stop the argument.

The woman who is believed to be called Ahlam UmmAqsa uploaded the video on YouTube, and thanked the men who stepped in and helped her.
She wrote:

I can not believe what I had to endure today. Honestly couldn’t believe it. I was minding my own business. I had to pop into the shop down in Shepherd’s Bush to grab something. As I entered, this guy who I’ve seen around the area decided to call me ‘batman’, he even sang the theme tune. Thank you to the uncle and brother who came in and had a go at the man.
Urgh that's disgusting. What kind of example is he setting to his young children :angry:
Reply 2
What a disgusting man. Poor example to his kids.

Glad the woman stood up for herself. We need more people like her.
I find it easier just to turn my back on people like this
What saddens me more is I can imagine some people will try to justify this man's horrible actions. :frown:
Is this the extent of the much feared Islamophobia? Some guy calling a woman batman?
Reply 6
He's an utter prick, but everyone in that shop seems to want to carry on the row even after plenty of chances to end it. You don't get anywhere riling up idiots.
This barely will get in the news.
Original post by digistar_100

Well given that some random moron calling somebody Batman isn't newsworthy.........
I guess some racist Muslims are going to say 'he looks like a monkey' through the comment section. Arab supremacy makes me sick and also lets take into account how much discrimination Blacks get from Arabs/Asians.

..and I wish succses for ISIS to come there and to chop head of bastards like u all...

ISIS supporters coming in to comment saying outrageous stuff like that and we're going crazy over a man calling a woman 'Batman'.
(edited 8 years ago)
"Sickening clip" tho
Original post by KingBradly
Is this the extent of the much feared Islamophobia? Some guy calling a woman batman?

Actually a person was butchered to death in an islamophobic attack just last week

Spoiler

But yes this is pretty much the most credible form of islamophobia from non muslims that muslims and whiney idiots bleat on about after a muslim butchers dozens of civilians every couple of weeks / months
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by digistar_100

Odd it's been in most of the papers I read

In fact the 'victim' made sure it was in the news by going to the papers BEFORE going to the police
Some people just want to watch the world burn.
She was perfectly within her rights to wear this.

Its a sad fact that wearing different clothing leads to all sorts of abuse, be it Gothic, religious, or risqué.
Where's the video?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending