The Student Room Group

Best ways to get rid of frizz and keep it off

I have naturally thick wavy shoulder length hair which is frizzy on the lower layers, and puffs out. I use keratin shampoo, and then blow dry and straighten my hair. I straighten my hair mostly every day but it does not stay frizz-free and soon becomes bulky again.
Any recommendations for what I can do to keep the frizz at bay?
Reply 1
Try Macadamia oil leave-in conditioner. Is your hair dry?
Reply 2
Original post by IBonfire
Try Macadamia oil leave-in conditioner. Is your hair dry?

Thanks! I'll give that a try and yes it is
Reply 3
I've had my hair permanently straightened

it's still curly/frizzy af

just don't brush it and learn to embrace the cray of ur natural mane

Spoiler

I have curly hair down to my waist. The top layer is really frizzy.

I do this:

Every two/three days -
Rinse and repeat with Curly Wurly shampoo from Lush.
Condition with Mane 'n' Tail Deeply Moisturising conditioner and comb hair with the conditioner in. Then rinse out the conditioner, but not absolutely completely.
I recently discovered Eva NYC - they sell it on ASOS. I use a hair oil and then the curl creme; apply when hair is wet.
I never ever use any heating appliances (this dries out your hair and causes split ends - makes hair brittle and frizzier). I also don't use a hair brush or brush my hair when it's dry because this makes it frizzy too.

Once every three weeks or so I use Kinky hair mask from Lush to keep it moisturised. Healthy, moisturised hair shouldn't frizz.
My mum has really frizzy hair too and she uses the GHD Advanced Split remedy. It comes in a gold squeezy tube and costs just under £20.

She bought hers from the hairdresser, but Im sure you could get it at Boots, or online.

She applies it to damp hair before blowdrying and it makes her hair super soft and shiny. She has literally tried out so many products over the years but this one is the best I have ever seen.

My mum doesn't even straighten her hair and it still comes out super soft and straight, so i am sure that the results will be even better if you are going to use straighteners.

Hope this helps ! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by evalilyXOX
My mum has really frizzy hair too and she uses the GHD Advanced Split remedy. It comes in a gold squeezy tube and costs just under £20.

She bought hers from the hairdresser, but Im sure you could get it at Boots, or online.

She applies it to damp hair before blowdrying and it makes her hair super soft and shiny. She has literally tried out so many products over the years but this one is the best I have ever seen.

My mum doesn't even straighten her hair and it still comes out super soft and straight, so i am sure that the results will be even better if you are going to use straighteners.

Hope this helps ! :smile:

Thanks for this - will take a look :smile:
Original post by Milzime
I've had my hair permanently straightened

it's still curly/frizzy af

just don't brush it and learn to embrace the cray of ur natural mane

Spoiler

Looks pretty
Reply 8
Use a hair serum when you straighten your hair. You don't need to spend money on so many different products. Just a drop of any John Frieda Frizz Ease hair serum - rub it in your palms and then apply it to the ends of your hair. Also it doesn't hurt to rub your hands on the top of your head where your parting is to smooth down the extra frizz. Serum will never make your hair greasy if you're using it properly. It's just like hair oil, except sticky. So it's important to rub it into your palms first, and then apply it to the ends of your hair and gently rub it onto the top of your head too - you're basically slicking down your hair with your palms, but it dries quickly and doesn't cause grease as long as you only use a drop.

Quick Reply

Latest