The Student Room Group

Twin block braces

My daughter(nearly 14) got twin block braces yesterday, and absolutely hates them. She keeps on saying(and I quote) "I hate them so much, they make my face look fat, huge and ugly". Having a brace like this when I was younger, I understand how difficult it is to tolerate a removable brace, but I don't know what to do. Furthermore, she is refusing to wear them to school when she goes back in September! Does anyone have any advice? Should I ban her off her phone if she doesn't wear them? Or should I only make her wear them at night and after school? Please help, thanks. :smile:
The best thing for her would be to make her get used to it, the best way is to make her wear it at night since then she won't have to worry about how she looks. I think she should first understand that the more she wears it the quicker she can get rid of it, that's the reason why I started wearing it much more often. If she's uncomfortable wearing it at school then make sure she wears it as much as she can at home. Banning her from her phone might make her see the twin blocks as a negative thing, she should view it as something for the betterment of her dental health. That's what I think.
Reply 2
I think she don't used to it with the passage of time she will be comfortable with braces I think it is normal everyone have same issues..

Quick Reply

Latest