The Student Room Group

Anyone going to any music festivals this year? What are the best one to go to?

I want to go to T in the Park or maybe another music fesitival this year (not on my own, hopefully with a group of friends). To the music fans here who have been to festivals, what are the best ones to go to? And how much will it be likely to cost? Would I have to camp there or do you stay in a hotel (if it's a weekender thing)?

I like rock, indie, metal, well pretty much anything really. Just love live music.
(edited 8 years ago)
I might go to Reading or Leeds festival. The prices are on the websites.

It would be my first so I don't have any recommendations, sorry.
Prices are dependent on the scale of the festival usually - Download for me and my partner is setting me back £400 this year, Bloodstock would be £294 while Beermageddon would be £80.

Tends to be camping for festivals, and you'll need to get there in reasonable time to get set up in a decent position - when I went to V-festival for my university a few years back tents were set up haphazardly and finding space was a nightmare.

As for picking festivals - if you get along with most genres you'll be fine, if not I'd lean towards picking one with a bias towards genres you like, but there'll be something on for everyone at any point at most - be it the headliners, the comedy tent, the performers knocking around or the new acts stage.

Quick Reply

Latest