The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

What is life really like at UEA?

Do people get bored of Norwich and what are the sports teams like?
Original post by Anonymous

If you ever get bored at UEA, you can join a club or one of the many societies:
https://www.ueasu.org/opportunities/societies/
The link I posted here also allows you to look at the clubs, where you will find the sports you can play.
Hope this helps :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

I wanna go there to, is the city life like shopping malls and stuff good?
I wanna go there to, is the city life like shopping malls and stuff good?

Hey there!

Fortunately for us UEA students, Norwich is a lively city with a lot to do right in the heart of it all and just outside! It's a short and direct bus journey from campus and has both Castle Quarter and Chantry Place shopping centres as well as our iconic covered markets with so many food stalls and the Norwich lanes with quaint, independent shops! There're also a range of activities to do in the city apart from shopping and eating good food such as mini golf, arcades and interactive bars. If you're wanting to explore a bit outside the city centre, there're the botanical gardens and numerous pubs and cafes dotted around as well, plus the Norfolk Showground which hosts annual events and festivities :smile:

I hope this gave you a bit more insight into what there is to do! Let me know if you have any other questions as I'd be happy to help :smile:
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
(edited 1 year ago)

Hey there :smile:

At UEA we have over 200 clubs and societies, from your academic societies to cheese and wine society! As for clubs, we boast a range of sports clubs for anyone of any ability to join where you can learn a new skill, develop a current one, take part in nationwide competitions and even get the chance to go on trips abroad! Joining clubs and societies are a great opportunity to enrich your uni life and give you a break from studying :smile: There's definitely a lot of opportunities for you to avoid getting bored!

You can check out what we have to offer here.

If you're wondering what you can get up to in Norwich outside of campus, I've answered a similar question further up in this thread :smile: Let me know if you have any other questions!
Original post by beefreya
i wanna go to UEA as well for psych! i went on an open day and there seemed to be lots of stuff to do (i know they have sports teams there as well)

Hey @beefreya!

Great to hear that you want to come to UEA!! I hope you got to see our wonderfully green campus and meet some of the lovely Psychology academics and lecturers during your open day :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions about UEA or Norwich and best of luck with your A-Levels!
Hi there,

Do people get bored in Norwich? In a word, no!

Norwich, while being a smaller city, is absolutely FULL of life with so much to do and see in the area.

Norwich itself has all the standard leisure activities and facilities expected of any city in England, including plenty of restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs, clubs, cinemas, bowling lanes, swimming pools, gyms, parks, arcades, retail shops, major and independent food shops, and so so so much more. Some local favourites include -
Eaton Park - Located in between the city and the UEA campus, this large open park features a bandstand and pavilion, a cafe and deli, a skatepark, sports fields, a boat pond, crazy golf, a mini railway, and more!
Riverside (+ Prince of Wales) - A favourite among students looking for a great night out, the Riverside area of Norwich features a whole host of restaurants, bars, pubs, and clubs, as well as bowling lanes, arcades, a cinema, and the local Norwich City football ground! Just round the corner from Riverside is Prince of Wales Road, the infamous road of Norwich's nightlife. You won't find yourself lost for somewhere to find a cheap drink, some good music, and overall a fab night out.
Chantry Place - Previously known as Chapelfield, this is Norwich's main shopping centre in the heart of the city. Full of all your favourite shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as being a hang-out spot, Chantry Place is a key spot for many locals and students alike.

However, it is also worth bearing in mind whereabouts in the country UEA actually is. Located in the county of Norfolk, UEA is surrounded by some of the best natural landscapes in the UK! The stunning Norfolk coastline provides loads of activities, including various water sports, walking trails/paths, seaside entertainment such as arcades, piers, mini-golf, and more. Norfolk features many National Trust sites as well which offer incredible outdoors space ideal for a picnic, a hike, or just to stop in at the local pub! While this is a very very brief overview of the Norfolk's main natural attractions, the point I'm trying to make ultimately is don't confine yourself to Norwich, when Norfolk as a whole has so so much to offer to students :smile:

I hope this provides a good overview of what Norwich/Norfolk has to offer, and suggested some ways to ensure you won't be bored in your time at UEA!

Leah :smile:
UEA Law

Hello! :smile:
I personally couldn`t get bored of Norwich! There is so much to do and it has such an amazing atmosphere!
The city centre is great, with two big shopping malls and a famous market! There is also alot of nightlife and events going on!
In the summer there is often a festival in Chapelfield gardens and summer outdoor concerts :smile:
Also the university always has a lot going on and if you visit the student`s union website and click on events you can see what
is currently going on and any upcoming events! :smile:
If you have any questions about Norwich please let me know!
UEA Rep Lucy
3rd year Economics with a year abroad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending