The Student Room Group

HNC CAP Placement hours for 2nd year entry

Hey all,

I went for an interview last week for this course they told me the placement is 2 X 12 hour shifts for 12/13 weeks, this total to 288/312 however to be eligible to apply for 2nd year entry to nursing you need 544 supervised placement hours, does anyone know how you will go about getting this requirement? I'm presuming you might be able to ask to do extended hours? Can anyone who's been in this position shed some light for me please.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeighUno
Hey all,

I went for an interview last week for this course they told me the placement is 2 X 12 hour shifts for 12/13 weeks, this total to 288/312 however to be eligible to apply for 2nd year entry to nursing you need 544 supervised placement hours, does anyone know how you will go about getting this requirement? I'm presuming you might be able to ask to do extended hours? Can anyone who's been in this position shed some light for me please.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi there,
when you say 2nd year nursing do you mean that you want to do the 2 year PGDip accelerated course?
Reply 2
Hey, no to apply for 2nd year entry to Bsc adult nursing rather than 1st year. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok, which uni's let you do that?
Why not apply to do the three years from the start?
Reply 4
You have your first year entry requirements and 2nd year entry requirements a few Uni's in Scotland have that UWS and GCU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, im currently in the last few weeks of my hnc cap, to meet the requirments for second year all that happens is when the 12 week placement is over for wveryone else in the class, you just continue to do more placements after that and through the summer holidays until you have the minimum. Unis come out and talk about it with the class anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending