The Student Room Group

University failing to find me placement for a year.

Hi to whomever may read this,

Unfortunately, I had failed first year of nursing.

Failed placement module due to depression and other issues.

I had managed to do well on the academic side and passed all my exams to a good standard. I only require to do placement to progres to the next year.

What should have been a few months work during the start of this year has turned to nothing but asking for updates on the situation.

Emails asking for updates with weeks of wait time for a response. To tell me to wait even more time while they sort this out.

It is now nearly September again and my university has finally started to arrange placement but I feel like it is far too late I have months of work to complete before the start of the new academic year and no time.

The new academic year is quickly approaching and I feel like I won't meet the criteria to move to second year, I require about 450h of work to finish this module and have less than two months to do it in so I can make the start of 2nd year. I think it's going to be impossible to do all this work in such a short time frame and I fear I will be denied entry to next year again.

I feel like my university has failed me, and I would like some guidance on what to do.

My university has had the start of 2023 to find me placement and just now we're getting somewhere.

I have no clue on what my options are.

I have spoken to course lead and they were very vague if I will be able to progress to second year even though they are the ones who provide the placement.

I fear the university could easily turn me away another year due to this.

Is there any appealing process?

Can i progress to next year with some outstanding hours since my university has been unable to find me placement in a reasonable amount of time?

This situation has been totally out my control and its causing me so much stress because I need to go to next year.

Would there be a possibility that the board could let me proceed to next year with outstanding hours? (I have about 450 I could do just above half of these hours before second year as long as uni starts me on placement by next week.)

They did not let me proceed to second year with those hours due to depression, I dont think they would let me even if it's on the university this time.

I do not want to waste another year waiting. I don't think It would be fair for the university to make me waste another year as I would have finished my course in this time frame.

Any guidance would be extremely appropriated.
(edited 9 months ago)
Hello,
From past experience, they will make you do an extra year so instead of progressing from September you will be doing placement throughout the year instead and then will progress onto 2nd year in 2024, it’s a pain to do and finance is a whole other issue as well, they would only let you progress if you had less then 200hrs but your amount of hours that you have acquired is less than half for the year so they won’t let you progress with that amount outstanding
Reply 2
Original post by Rugbygirl97
Hello,
From past experience, they will make you do an extra year so instead of progressing from September you will be doing placement throughout the year instead and then will progress onto 2nd year in 2024, it’s a pain to do and finance is a whole other issue as well, they would only let you progress if you had less then 200hrs but your amount of hours that you have acquired is less than half for the year so they won’t let you progress with that amount outstanding

Thanks for your reply.

They already made me do that I waited this whole year to complete this but they've taken until now a whole year to figure out new placement for me to complete.

They have basically neglected me until it was too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending