The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Student support services - please help! :)

Hi,

I have put York as my firm choice and although a part of me is looking forward to uni, I am mainly terrified and very sad about leaving college.

I mean - I have never been good at making friends as I have had mental health problems over the last few years and it's been hard. However, I can be quite sociable when I want to be and I am looking forward to meeting new people.

But I know I will need support. I am so sad about leaving the support I currently have (my college tutors/lecturers/counselors are all so nice). I really need to know that I will still have people I can go to at uni?

So what are the student support services actually like? Is the welfare team in your college approachable? Or do most people speak to their academic supervisor? Or maybe lecturers? Who would you say is like the equivalent to a pastoral manager/tutor at school/6th form college?

I'm in the same situation, excited and terrified! I was wondering if York uni has a similar system to other college unis where you get given college "parents" who look out for you etc?
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending