The Student Room Group

I'm worried about my conditions

I got only one offer from one of my choices and im terrified im not good enough to make them :frown:

this is really getting me down as i see no possible movement of progression with this and i really cant afford to fail, basically what happens if i dont meet them? what should by back up plan be?
Original post by cameron2719
I got only one offer from one of my choices and im terrified im not good enough to make them :frown:

this is really getting me down as i see no possible movement of progression with this and i really cant afford to fail, basically what happens if i dont meet them? what should by back up plan be?

A LOT of people are accepted into university with grades below their offer. In 2015 42% of the people accepted into their firm choice in August missed their predictions by 2 or more grades.

That isn't to say you shouldn't try to meet your offer - that way your place is guaranteed. If you miss your offer then you're reliant on universities having space.

If all else fails there are a lot of options available in Clearing. Sometimes you might need to be flexible or consider subjects that you didn't consider initially - subjects that aren't offered at A level are very often unpopular at university because students are wary about trying something new. With a bit of research and investigation something less popular might be right up your street.

If things don't go to plan then a year out to research more and get some experiences under your belt can be life changing in motivating you.
Original post by cameron2719

I failed to meet my offers, retook my A2's and got into the same unis again the following year- its not the end of the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending