The Student Room Group

Is laet a first come first serve sixth form?

.titlee
Reply 1
hi! do you mean on enrollment day?
Original post by bmnkiro
hi! do you mean on enrollment day?

Nope on the application process but is the enrolment first come first serve?
Reply 3
Original post by dianaemerald03
Nope on the application process but is the enrolment first come first serve?

well i just started there so for me i applied maybe halfway through the application window. As long as you submit your application before the end date (2nd february 2024) you dont need to worry about it. They only look at applications to give conditional offers after the window closes and you've attended your alignment consultation. If you recieve an offer then all you need to worry about is achieving your grades to start there. Enrollment day was fisrt come first served in the sense that if you turn up before people your enrolled first but for my year they enrolled people in stages depending on how well you performed at gcses e.g. averages of grade 8 first then 7.5 then 7 (to find the average you find the mean of your top 8 results)
Original post by bmnkiro
well i just started there so for me i applied maybe halfway through the application window. As long as you submit your application before the end date (2nd february 2024) you dont need to worry about it. They only look at applications to give conditional offers after the window closes and you've attended your alignment consultation. If you recieve an offer then all you need to worry about is achieving your grades to start there. Enrollment day was fisrt come first served in the sense that if you turn up before people your enrolled first but for my year they enrolled people in stages depending on how well you performed at gcses e.g. averages of grade 8 first then 7.5 then 7 (to find the average you find the mean of your top 8 results)

Hey I had a question basically I rlly wanna apply lae and for maths comp and physics
Im predicted a 6 in maths but an 8 and 8-7in the other two I get mostly 7s
Sadly I need a 7 in maths for all 3 subjects will it be possible to get a conditional???also I'm free skl meals so ik pretty sure that and feeder skls get "priority "
Please give an honest answerrr
Reply 5
Hey I had a question basically I rlly wanna apply lae and for maths comp and physics
Sadly I need a 7 in maths for all 3 subjects will it be possible to get a conditional???also I'm free skl meals so ik pretty sure that and feeder skls get "priority "

hey I'm so sorry but I'm not completely sure what the answer to your first question is and i would hate to give you wrong info. Chances are ( and I may be wrong) that they stick strictly to their requirements so even though chances of getting a conditional are slimmer, their not non-existent. You can always re-apply on results day aswell.
I do know there is a priority to enrolling if you go to a feeder school and have free school meals and you can read about it here https://www.laetottenham.org.uk/attachments/download.asp?file=351&type=pdf
I hope this helped even a bit!
Reply 6

When I went to the "Futures day" There was a guy that got 9s,8s,7s and like a 4 in Spanish so is ok but try to get that 7 in maths. He got a 6 aswell I think in something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending