The Student Room Group

hair dye help!

im wondering if anyone could help. soon im supposed to be cutting my hair off for charity (for the second time) and as I want to do it on my 18th birthday I also want to sort of do a dip dye it a different colour (im thinking blue maybe?) however I have dark brown hair witch has lots of natural highlights I also cant bleach/lighten it as I have an incredibly sensitive scalp and have to use a special shampoo on it so im wondering if anyone had any ideas on types/ brands of hair dye to use? I also am very lazy and it cant be too over the top as I would need to hide it while im at my dance comps.
Original post by batongirl
im wondering if anyone could help. soon im supposed to be cutting my hair off for charity (for the second time) and as I want to do it on my 18th birthday I also want to sort of do a dip dye it a different colour (im thinking blue maybe?) however I have dark brown hair witch has lots of natural highlights I also cant bleach/lighten it as I have an incredibly sensitive scalp and have to use a special shampoo on it so im wondering if anyone had any ideas on types/ brands of hair dye to use? I also am very lazy and it cant be too over the top as I would need to hide it while im at my dance comps.

Blue would probably require bleach but I certainly think it goes well with brown. Dark purple could also be good :smile:
Reply 2
if ur dip dying then it wont touch the scalp
Reply 3
How long is your hair? If it's dip dye, the dye doesn't need to touch your scalp. When it comes to colour, most semi- permanent ( crazy colour, manic panic, directions and the bright schwarzkopf ones) are pretty safe but they will not bleach. I'm allergic to hair dye in that I blister if it touches my skin, but have never had a reaction to these so you should be OK, but ALWAYS patch test first.
Reply 4
also bear in mind that if you bleach your hair, you can over bleach and effectivly kill the hair
also, when u bleach, hair dye (even if its semi) can stain the bleached hair
Reply 5
Original post by maaash
How long is your hair? If it's dip dye, the dye doesn't need to touch your scalp. When it comes to colour, most semi- permanent ( crazy colour, manic panic, directions and the bright schwarzkopf ones) are pretty safe but they will not bleach. I'm allergic to hair dye in that I blister if it touches my skin, but have never had a reaction to these so you should be OK, but ALWAYS patch test first.

when I have it done it would be around cin length at the frount and about one to two inches at the back (graduated bob) and im wondering witch would come out best and have the brightest colour without having to put bleach on it first.also witch would cause the least irritation if it was to touch my scalp at the back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending