The Student Room Group

Biological explanations of Anorexia Nervosa?

Hey! Hope the lead up to exams is going well for you all. So, basically my teacher thinks she has taught this section of the spec wrong. She taught us Neural Explanations along with Neurodevelopment as the full essay. However now she thinks we missed out evolutionary explanations of AN (as half of the essay). Is this correct? Evidence with answers would be apprictated. I have researched myelf including the spec but there is nothing that clear... THANK YOU!
hi :smile: I am also doing PSYA3 eating behaviour this year. you probably have found nothing clear cut as it depends, you can choose what you please. the mark scheme says there is a "depth and breadth trade off" meaning you could write about just neural and neurodevelopment in more detail or you can speak about neural, neurodevelopment and evolutionary but in less detail. either way you can get full marks however you decide to go about it :smile:
personally, i chose to do all three but in less detail.
I've attached a copy of my essay i wrote for this one incase you want to use it to help you :smile:
if you need any more information about this topic just DM me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending