The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Distinction - utterly unexpected. I was 100% sure that no one else would be able to pull a coherent essay out of my ramblings about language change. I cried when I found out. :redface:
Awww congratulations!! :biggrin: *Takes off on another direction* The paper was pretty languagey, wasn't it?
Reply 82
I got a distinction :biggrin:
Reply 83
Neutral_Tones
Awww congratulations!! :biggrin: *Takes off on another direction* The paper was pretty languagey, wasn't it?

I can't remember now, to be honest - I only remember that the question I chose was language based, though I don't do English language. I just happened to be reading that same book at the time and drew on my experiences of studying French, Spanish, Latin, Polish and growing up in a very multi-lingual area. But I really didn't think anybody else would be interested. :redface:
Neutral_Tones
The paper was pretty languagey, wasn't it?

Oh, probably, but I'd decided from the start that I was sticking firmly with the Lit crowd - hence my comparative analysis of Jonathan Swift and Elizabeth Barrett Browning (focusing on the importance of context) was followed rather promptly by a for-and-against reader response theory. All the languagey stuff got completely ignored! :biggrin:
Reply 85
Bit of a late post, but wanted to say a massive CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who passed (in whatever way)! Nice one! :smile:

And for those who didn't pass (and it's not only a few, *mousey*, don't feel bad), don't beat yourselves up about it - the experience alone is well worth it, and it can't always go right. Lots of luck for everything else that ALL of you go on to do! :smile:
Reply 86
wow I got a distinction! when my head teacher told me, I actually hugged him :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending