The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

How lenient are Sheffield for Aerospace Engineering?

Hey guys, I was wondering about how lenient the university of sheffield actually is as I have firmed it for a conditional offer or AAB but will probably acheive ABB or BBB. Do you reckon I'll get in?

Thanks.

Also on a semi related note, can you apply to a university that rejected you or a university you declined through clearing/adjustment? I'm not really sure how that works.
You wont know until results day. It all depends on who else has applied for the course and how well they do. For example last year they might have had lots of applicants, so you only got on the course if you got the required grades, however the year before that they might have had hardly any applicants so you would have got on with 2 grades below the requirements (this is hypothetical, I don't know how lenient Sheff were in 2014 and 2015).

As a general rule if you make any university your firm choice then you will probably be safe if you slip down one grade. So if you get ABB then I think you will be fine. Aim for AAB because it's what you need, but don't sweat it if you get ABB because there is a high chance you'll get in anyway.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I want to say you'll get in with ABB but I think there's going to be a lot more pressure this year to reject people due to the unforeseen overcrowding of the Diamond, this might get fixed as it's mostly an issue of the equipment elsewhere is rubbish in comparison but it's not a definite. I think realistically a high ABB will definitely get you in but if you're closer to Bs than As you might not get accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending