The Student Room Group

Expected decision wait times?

Hey everyone,
I applied through UCAS a few days ago on the 18th of November, and so far have gotten acknowledgements from all of the universities that I have chosen.
I have found out that the average wait time is 7 weeks, but its really likely that people get at least one decision within 5-6 days. I was wondering if this was true and how long I should expect to wait to get my decisions.

I have applied for Aerospace Engineering at these Unis:
University of Bristol
University of Southampton
University of Sheffield
Loughborough University
University of Glasgow

Thanks in advance for the help :smile:
Anytime between now and May.
Reply 2
Hey! I applied on 13th october, and i got an offer from sheffield on the 19th (i'm looking to study PPE btw).
From what i know from others who have applied to sheffield, they respond quite quickly - hopefully you'll hear from them soon 🙂
Also, one of my friends has gotten an offer for maths from southampton after about 2 weeks, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to hear from them, too
Reply 3
Original post by aloevera4
Hey! I applied on 13th october, and i got an offer from sheffield on the 19th (i'm looking to study PPE btw).
From what i know from others who have applied to sheffield, they respond quite quickly - hopefully you'll hear from them soon 🙂
Also, one of my friends has gotten an offer for maths from southampton after about 2 weeks, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to hear from them, too

Thanks a lot! Congratulations by the way :smile:
Reply 4
Yall I just got an offer from Glasgow tonight 🙂 beyond thrilled
Reply 5
Original post by velocity2405
Yall I just got an offer from Glasgow tonight 🙂 beyond thrilled

Yay!! So happy for you :smile:)
Reply 6
Original post by velocity2405
Hey everyone,
I applied through UCAS a few days ago on the 18th of November, and so far have gotten acknowledgements from all of the universities that I have chosen.
I have found out that the average wait time is 7 weeks, but its really likely that people get at least one decision within 5-6 days. I was wondering if this was true and how long I should expect to wait to get my decisions.

I have applied for Aerospace Engineering at these Unis:
University of Bristol
University of Southampton
University of Sheffield
Loughborough University
University of Glasgow

Thanks in advance for the help :smile:

Hi, I applied for Aerospace Engineering too, at very similar unis. I applied on the 6th of November with predicted grades A*AA with an additional A in AS further maths and so far I have had 3 offers from Loughborough, Sheffield and Southampton. Loughborough's offer came on the 15th, Sheffield on the 19th and Southampton was a couple of days ago on the 23rd.

Hope this helps
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jdhehebe
Hi, I applied for Aerospace Engineering too, at very similar unis. I applied on the 6th of November with predicted grades A*AA with an additional A in AS further maths and so far I have had 3 offers from Loughborough, Sheffield and Southampton. Loughborough's offer came on the 15th, Sheffield on the 19th and Southampton was a couple of days ago on the 23rd.

Hope this helps

Wow , that’s really reassuring since I was worried it would take a long time. Since I applied on the 18th, I received an offer from Glasgow on the 21st, and then I was put on hold by Bristol (found out they do this to everyone tho), after that it’s been all quiet.

Anyway thanks a lot hope we meet at whatever uni we end up firming :smile:
Original post by Jdhehebe

Hope this helps

Hi @Jdhehebe,

Congratulations on your offers! If you have any other questions about studying at Loughborough, just let us know

Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending