The Student Room Group

Maths Foundation

I basically have a maths exam in almost two weeks and still know nothing, any pointers for maths foundation ?
Original post by Mulenga
I basically have a maths exam in almost two weeks and still know nothing, any pointers for maths foundation ?

I'm not sure how much I can help you since I'm doing the higher paper, but in Year 9 and Year 10 I was doing foundation papers until I begged my teachers to let me do the higher as I would have a better chance at getting a C if I did.

My advice is, stay calm and try and revise the best you can for the next two weeks. BBC Bitesize is always a great site to use, and perhaps ask your teachers for some help or useful method sheets.

Maths exam always have a formulae sheet at the start, well at least the ones on my exam board do anyway, so they should provide a bit of assistance for you.

The most important bit of advice I can give you is don't rush the paper. Think carefully about each question, and do every single question, even if you don't know how to do it. You get marks for showing your working, if some if it is correct. So even if you don't get the answer right, you can sometimes get marks for the workings.

Best of luck to you!!

Quick Reply

Latest