The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Science foundation year with degree at Nottingham..

Has anyone applied/done this course? Thinking of doing applying next year as I did A Levels in the wrong subject.
Reply 1
Hi i've applied and have been accepted to start this september, I applied quite late also maybe just last month? Ive received an unconditional offer for A*AC. Its great if you want to do science and have done the wrong a levels
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SS9410
Hi i've applied and have been accepted to start this september, I applied quite late also maybe just last month? Ive received an unconditional offer for A*AC. Its great if you want to do science and have done the wrong a levels

Oh that is great, your grades are very good! What subjects did you do?
Reply 3
theyre still accepting application for 2016 entry, as far as im aware. I did Fashion, Music and business. How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by SS9410
theyre still accepting application for 2016 entry, as far as im aware. I did Fashion, Music and business. How about you?

Yeah I am only in AS year at the moment but I have to think about where I want to go and what I want to do by June. I am doing Media, English Language and English Literature. What GCSEs did you get?
Reply 5
You could always ask your college to change your subject so you could skip the foundation year altogether so long as youve done a math and science a level then you can apply directly onto a science degree.
I did 15 GCSE'S A*-C including English literature, additional maths, Additional science, Triple award science, history instead of geography, Religious education, Product design, Fine Art (baring in mind I initially wanted to be a fashion illustrator)
How about you?
Reply 6
Original post by SS9410
You could always ask your college to change your subject so you could skip the foundation year altogether so long as youve done a math and science a level then you can apply directly onto a science degree.
I did 15 GCSE'S A*-C including English literature, additional maths, Additional science, Triple award science, history instead of geography, Religious education, Product design, Fine Art (baring in mind I initially wanted to be a fashion illustrator)
How about you?

I might just leave it as I'm used to the subjects I do but thanks anyways. And I need to get my Maths up to a B and I need to get an A in Additional Science as when I did them subjects first time round, I had some problems personally so I ended up choosing English subjects as I got good grades in them.
Reply 7
I've just completed this course and it's possibly the best decision i've made in terms of doing the subject I want. It's given me so much time to really figure out what I want to do and the staff are very supportive. I know it's a bit of a nuisance having to take a year extra to get onto first year but if you're not completely clear on what you want to do or will have to make a compromise if you go straight onto first year, it helps you figure it all out
Reply 8
Original post by nobyn
I've just completed this course and it's possibly the best decision i've made in terms of doing the subject I want. It's given me so much time to really figure out what I want to do and the staff are very supportive. I know it's a bit of a nuisance having to take a year extra to get onto first year but if you're not completely clear on what you want to do or will have to make a compromise if you go straight onto first year, it helps you figure it all out

how did you find it?? the chemistry and maths aspect in particular?? how were you examined and was it difficult to pass?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending