The Student Room Group

Mpharm at University Of Birmingham/Nottingham

I'm in year 12 and want to study Mpharm at either UOB or UON. My postcode is in a polar4 quintile 2 area and ive been on free school meals since year 7 and i've attended a state school since year 7. Can someone help me find contextual offers or programmes to lower the entry requirements.
Reply 1
Hi I am year 13, quintile 1, state school educated and fsm in primary school. I have had 3 contextual offers so far, including from UoN, which offered me ABB.
If grades are what you are worried about, definitely see which other schools you might be interested in. Ik the KCL contextual is ABC which I am praying for, but also alot of universities will offer a foundation year course with significantly lower entry requirements (although notts doesnt).
I would def recommend attending open days tho, I have a friend who has firmed midwifery at nottingham who was able to secure a lower grade requirement while she was at her open day. Also I think Birmingham have a pathways course which might open up some doors.
Best of luck
Is there foundation year for Mpharm?
Original post by ellapoos
Hi I am year 13, quintile 1, state school educated and fsm in primary school. I have had 3 contextual offers so far, including from UoN, which offered me ABB.
If grades are what you are worried about, definitely see which other schools you might be interested in. Ik the KCL contextual is ABC which I am praying for, but also alot of universities will offer a foundation year course with significantly lower entry requirements (although notts doesnt).
I would def recommend attending open days tho, I have a friend who has firmed midwifery at nottingham who was able to secure a lower grade requirement while she was at her open day. Also I think Birmingham have a pathways course which might open up some doors.
Best of luck

i'm not eligible for uob access/ pathway programmes because the schools need to be partners with the university programme and they're all outside london but my school is in london
if i do a foundation year, when i get my degree will it show to my employer that i did a foundation year or no?
Reply 5
Original post by kaidodestroyer
Is there foundation year for Mpharm?

Yea
Off the top of my head ik that UEA offer it, but i recommend sorting lowest to highest tariff points on ucas and you should see some foundation year courses for pharmacy
Reply 6
if i do a foundation year, when i get my degree will it show to my employer that i did a foundation year or no?

I would assume it would just state that you studied for 5 years instead of 4, but tbh I would rather that than be in sixth form for 3 years
I'm in year 12 and want to study Mpharm at either UOB or UON. My postcode is in a polar4 quintile 2 area and ive been on free school meals since year 7 and i've attended a state school since year 7. Can someone help me find contextual offers or programmes to lower the entry requirements.

Hi @kaidodestroyer! The University of Nottingham does consider applicants for a contextual offer providing they meet our eligibility criteria which can be found here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/applying/contextual-offers.aspx.

We also offer 'Science with Foundation Year BSc' (https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/ugstudy/courses/UG/Science-with-Foundation-Year-BSc-Hons-U6USCNCEY.html) in which students can then progress onto our Pharmacy MPharm course if this is something they're wanting to do. Students would however be required to meet specific requirements during their foundation year, and would also be subject to further application, being granted an interview, and successfully passing the interview. For more information on our progression requirements please see our webpage here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/life-sciences/study-with-us/sciencewithfoundationyear/progression-requirements.aspx.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending