The Student Room Group

5 days into no pill week and no period???

I've been taking the Rigevidon pill for about 5 months now. I'm 5 days into the no pill week (last pill taken on Monday) and I'm getting really worried that I might be pregnant.

My boyfriend and I last had sex 2 weeks ago a few times over the three days. He finished inside me twice (soz for tmi!).

My period usually takes ages to come on the pill week, one time before I was also worrying about being pregnant and it took about 4-5 days.I've had small cramps today but i'm not sure if thats because Im trying to really find a reason to believe my period is coming haha. I'm also super stressed because my a level exams start this week too, could that possibly delay it?

Lastly i've also never missed a pill, and have always taken it between 9 pm and 10pm. Please set my mind at ease aha

Also I'm 17 if that makes any difference lol
to be honest though, if you've been taking the pill regularly and you haven't missed it, then don't worry too much. Periods are sometimes erratic (mine was once 2 weeks late for no reason lol), and if you're extremely stressed right now, you could actually just skip a whole period. don't worry about it too much.

(but if you do want to be sure, get a pregnancy test. they usually work from about 2 weeks, I think. If you're really worried, go to your gp, or whoever prescribed you the rigevidon - they can answer your questions better than me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
to be honest though, if you've been taking the pill regularly and you haven't missed it, then don't worry too much. Periods are sometimes erratic (mine was once 2 weeks late for no reason lol), and if you're extremely stressed right now, you could actually just skip a whole period. don't worry about it too much.

(but if you do want to be sure, get a pregnancy test. they usually work from about 2 weeks, I think. If you're really worried, go to your gp, or whoever prescribed you the rigevidon - they can answer your questions better than me :smile:

Haha turns out I worried for nothing, its all good lol but thank you!!!
Just as I was about to say that stress is a notorious cause of late periods too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest