The Student Room Group

pregnant?

I took the emergency morning after pill about a week ago and I got my period a week early. However, the cycle was short and I have been feeling nauseous and I have been throwing up the past 2 days. I was wondering if I should get a pregnancy test or if these are just the symptoms of my period or the pill?
I would say definitely take a test just to be sure
Just buy a pregnancy test instead of trusting a random stranger online to figure out whether you're pregnant or not. This is too serious to entrust to somebody else.
Literally
Take a pregnancy test to make sure you are pregnant or not. Or wait for the next months and you get the certainty later.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
I took the emergency morning after pill about a week ago and I got my period a week early. However, the cycle was short and I have been feeling nauseous and I have been throwing up the past 2 days. I was wondering if I should get a pregnancy test or if these are just the symptoms of my period or the pill?

(Prefacing this with the standard, not a doctor so obviously consult one before taking medical advice. In no way do I have any medical knowledge, I am just passing on what I read when reading What to Expect When You're Expecting).

It is probably a good idea to take a pregnancy test, as this is the easiest way to eliminate a pregnancy. It is very uncommon to get false positives, so if you get a positive test, it is likely that you are pregnant and should probably make a GP appointment to discuss your options and get scans, etc. False negatives can occur, so it might be worth taking 2 tests if you are unsure. If you get several negatives, then potentially you have a stomach bug and if this keeps happening you might want to speak to someone about being ill (if you keep throwing up with no obvious cause for an extended period of time).

If you think the might be pregnant, it is probably a good idea to avoid alcohol consumption until you know you aren't.

You can have your period and be pregnant, and implantation bleeding can occur (this is when some slight bleeding happens as the egg implants in your womb and you are becoming pregnant). Therefore, it is likely still a good idea to take a test if you think you might be pregnant, particularly if your period happened sooner or later than is typical for you.

Quick Reply

Latest