The Student Room Group

I need days off work but can't get them, help!

Okay so I desperately need 4 days off from work (31st May - 3rd June) for reasons I will not disclose, but it is extremely important. Problem is, i've already tried to book off those days but got denied as someone else has already done so (Policy at work where only 1 person can be booked off holiday at a time). I have 15 days of holiday to book.

They know i've tried to book off those days before, so if I pulled a standard sickie they would smell a rat instantly. What do I do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Perhaps contact the person who has booked them and see if theres anyway you can swap? Maybe offer them a cash incentive This shows your hand though.

If you thow a sickie they are more likely to find out.
Would your circumstances come under compassionate leave otherwise there's nothing you can except trying to swap with someone
You've left it a bit late if you are only asking now.

I would try and swap with another member of staff.
Where I work you need to give a minimum of a months notice to have some days off so you've left it kinda late to try and get them.

I guess your only options are try and swap with the person who has them currently but keep in mind they also booked them for a reason...so they're probably not gonna swap especially if they've made plans on those days.

or ask to take it unpaid...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending