The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by li__lly_x
Omg true

u revived an old thread and shits gon hit the fan now
Original post by Zargabaath
Combat barbaric savagery with more barbaric savagery. You'd probably fit in with extremists much better then you'd like to.

I'm gay and think death should be an option for these one-celled brain twatheads
Original post by ckfeister
I'm gay and think death should be an option for these one-celled brain twatheads

I'm not and I think you're being OTT
I'm not and I think you're being OTT

How so? Death option is far cheaper than putting in prison.

Err.. no? You know they can change their views, and even if they refuse to, holding an opinion isn't a reason to kill them if they haven't committed anything close to murder. You'd be even worse in your response then they have, and bring about injustice.
Original post by k.n.h.
Err.. no? You know they can change their views, and even if they refuse to, holding an opinion isn't a reason to kill them if they haven't committed anything close to murder. You'd be even worse in your response then they have, and bring about injustice.

So, if someone breaks someone jaw then say " I've changed my view " gets out of prison and does it again. What then?
How so? Death option is far cheaper than putting in prison.

That logic can be used for literally every crime ever. Cheaper =/= better.

Besides, it's been shown throughout human history that draconian sentencing doesn't do anything to reduce crime.
So, if someone breaks someone jaw then say " I've changed my view " gets out of prison and does it again. What then?

No no no, you said: 'appaling. the death penalty needs to be brought back just for homophobes'
This includes anyone who is homophobic, even ones who haven't committed a violent act, not just this certain man who assaulted a homosexual.

To answer your question, this situation has already been recognized by UK law. They are kept in jail for a longer sentence. I think they also receive counseling for this specific view of sexuality that evokes a aggressive and physical response, but I'm not too sure - it would just make sense to me.
That logic can be used for literally every crime ever. Cheaper =/= better.

Besides, it's been shown throughout human history that draconian sentencing doesn't do anything to reduce crime.

Yes cheaper can be used for all crimes but only ones where the person has one brain cell, if they done ones that didn't harm humans/animals physically then death option shouldn't be an option and even then its minor cases such as this one. Where the proof throughout history? I'm sure fear made lots avoid to break the law.
Original post by k.n.h.
No no no, you said: 'appaling. the death penalty needs to be brought back just for homophobes'
This includes anyone who is homophobic, even ones who haven't committed a violent act, not just this certain man who assaulted a homosexual.

To answer your question, this situation has already been recognized by UK law. They are kept in jail for a longer sentence. I think they also receive counseling for this specific view of sexuality that evokes a aggressive and physical response, but I'm not too sure - it would just make sense to me.

That was someone else.
Reply 130
Original post by artful_lounger
As a gay man, I find it interesting that you identify him as a Muslim first and homophobe second. You also imply it's religiously (specifically, Islam) motivated but conveniently don't offer any commentary on the structural homophobia present in our society due to Christian influence. This kind of homophobia isn't unique to Islam and using the gay community to try and curry favour for your Islamophobia is kind of gross.

Hopefully any young LGBT* people on here will have enough sense to realise if your Islamphobic sentiments were realised and by some method or another, practice of Islam came to an end in the UK, people like you would no doubt immediately turn on the next marginalised community - which could well be our own.

Him being a muslim is most likely the instigator of his homophobia, Islam is much more intolerant towards gays than Christianity is.
I'm currently an ex-muslim but when I was a muslim, I was sent to many Islamic schools, most of which indoctrinated us with shock factor (Angel of Death smashing a hammer on you when you die if you were 'bad', the Islamic hell is much worse than the Christian hell considering that Islam has specific punishments for different sins along with the fire, another thing they told us is that non-muslims go to the 7th hell, the worst, most painful, most daunting hell) and by ostracising anyone who wasn't muslim, particularly gays. (I would add more, but I don't want this comment to be deleted)
That was someone else.

My bad. So who do you mean specifically when you talk about administrating the death penalty?
Reply 132
Original post by k.n.h.

It's quite the troubling dilemma, the two most practised religions both support homophobia yet the UK is trying to dismiss and end homophobia. I'm personally in favour of the latter, I want homophobia to end, but two ancient books practised by billions prevents this.
Original post by Yakib
It's quite the troubling dilemma, the two most practised religions both support homophobia yet the UK is trying to dismiss and end homophobia. I'm personally in favour of the latter, I want homophobia to end, but two ancient books practised by billions prevents this.

This circumstance is especially effective in non-Western/non-AC parts such as places around Middle East, Africa where these views on homosexuality are not widely challenged.
Reply 134
Original post by k.n.h.
This circumstance is especially effective in non-Western/non-AC parts such as places around Middle East, Africa where these views on homosexuality are not widely challenged.

Dogma and indoctrination is terrible for the minds of young children, especially the idea of hell and other dastardly things embedded within Abrahamic faiths.
Religion may have had a use 2000 years ago (to prevent existential crisis and to motivate people to act as what was seen as 'good' at the time), but now it's redundant and even regressive. Most religious people dismiss science and tolerance of homosexuals over ancient books with many logical and scientific fallacies.
Original post by k.n.h.
My bad. So who do you mean specifically when you talk about administrating the death penalty?

Anyone who wants to be violent and break jaws etc... should either get the same treatment, and pay the treatment bill, and a prison sentence, if they are in prison for life then they should just have death penalty if they are actually 100% proven of doing it.
Reply 136
Anyone who wants to be violent and break jaws etc... should either get the same treatment, and pay the treatment bill, and a prison sentence, if they are in prison for life then they should just have death penalty if they are actually 100% proven of doing it.

Breaking someone's jaw is not immense enough for the perpetrator to get jailed for life, killed, or for their action to be reciprocated on them (two wrongs don't make a right). They should however serve a prison sentence fit for that specific offence and should pay for the victim's health bills for the medical operations.
Original post by Yakib
Breaking someone's jaw is not immense enough for the perpetrator to get jailed for life, killed, or for their action to be reciprocated on them (two wrongs don't make a right). They should however serve a prison sentence fit for that specific offence and should pay for the victim's health bills for the medical operations.

Sounds like a good idea, including the bill which NHS has to pay now.

I do like your idea of the perpetrator paying for the treatment of the victim: an additional form of punishment while also helping the victim and relieve a bit of monetary stress on free healthcare services though finding the money can be a hassle if they haven't got it with them at that moment. For the last bit, I don't agree with the death penalty, but if I did, I'd say that's a fair policy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by k.n.h.
I do like your idea of the perpetrator paying for the treatment of the victim: an additional form of punishment while also helping the victim and relieve a bit of monetary stress on free healthcare services though finding the money can be a hassle if thy haven't got it with them. For the last bit, I don't agree with the death penalty, but if I did, I'd say that's a fair policy.

Fair enough,

Latest

Trending

Trending