The Student Room Group

How to meet someone as a gay male teen

Hi, I have been out for a while now. I am 17 y/o and do not know how to meet anyone. My type is more of a manly guy. I’m not really into apps such as tinder and I’m too young to go to any clubs. I live in a rural town but am close to Brighton. If anyone has any advice I would be very appreciative. Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have been out for a while now. I am 17 y/o and do not know how to meet anyone. My type is more of a manly guy. I’m not really into apps such as tinder and I’m too young to go to any clubs. I live in a rural town but am close to Brighton. If anyone has any advice I would be very appreciative. Cheers

Some areas have LGBT meet-ups, I would imagine Brighton has some due to its LGBT presence. Though these are mainly for older people.

Or you could wait until you get to uni and join your LGBT society if there is one.
I'm pretty much in the same situation except I'm 16 right now and bi. I really want find somewhere to meet some people, online or offline I don't really care but like you apps like tinder and that aren't really my scene. So I don't know what to do. You got any advice on the subject since this has been up for a while?
Original post by StraightUpCoffee
I'm pretty much in the same situation except I'm 16 right now and bi. I really want find somewhere to meet some people, online or offline I don't really care but like you apps like tinder and that aren't really my scene. So I don't know what to do. You got any advice on the subject since this has been up for a while?

Try forums and online chat forums, they are a good way to take to people in similar places to you. When you're old enough you can go travelling and meet people for yourself. Be safe when using them though!
I’d say bide your time and keep being open and honest with and about yourself. Things will change in time and you really don’t need to be part of the Brighton scene. Very over rated at the best of times! Good luck to you young man. It will all make sense in time. TMD
i know a lot of people from online and i know others and mates who met there so from lgbt meet ups etc you will find someone
Reply 6
Original post by RobbieQuartz
Try forums and online chat forums, they are a good way to take to people in similar places to you. When you're old enough you can go travelling and meet people for yourself. Be safe when using them though!

How do I find an online chat forum?
Reply 7
Original post by RobbieQuartz

Hey, can you recommend an online forum?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending