The Student Room Group

Being ugly

This is definitely one of the most annoying posts ive ever made but I just have to get it off my chest and shove it somewhere. Im tired of being ugly. No matter how much your friends and family tell you you’re pretty you know they’re lying to you. It’s just biology, my features aren’t attractive. My lips are too small and crooked, my nose is too big and my sharp jaw and high cheekbones make me look like a man. Im way too tall and skinny for a girl. Im just funny looking. I have Italian features from my dad that just look out of place on my face (e.g. big nose). My brother and I both have my dads features and height except he just looks like a handsome Italian dude. Plus he got the blue eyes, blonde curly hair genes from my mum. I didn’t even get the brains, he’s way smarter than me too. He just won the genetic lottery I guess.
I just look so different to everyone else and not in a unique and cool way. I know looks aren’t everything but sometimes I just wish I looked like a normal pretty girl, even just average looking. I try to be proud of my heritage and looks but it’s just hard when it’s the complete opposite of the beauty standards
OK, so you're not blessed with the most conventionally attractive face.

But, you are tall and skinny which give you a gorgeously sexy body.
Motivating men to want to have sex with you will be relatively easy. For example, put on a properly fitting little black dress and see what reactions you get.

Everybody has different challenges to overcome when it comes to getting a romantic partner. Nobody's perfect.
Use your lack of confidence in your facial looks to motivate yourself to have as much inner beauty as you can - and to start acting and speaking in ways that men (or women?) find attractive.

You will find that your face won't hold you back from anything important you want to do in life.
What will hold you back is if you cling on to negativity, emotional heaviness, a lack of taking action.
It's time for you to start accepting and respecting yourself a lot more than you have been up till now.
It's also time for you to shrug your shoulders over the things that aren't perfect in your life and for you to get on with enjoying and savouring your life (now!), going on adventures (now!) and moving your life in a positive direction.
Original post by Anonymous #1
This is definitely one of the most annoying posts ive ever made but I just have to get it off my chest and shove it somewhere. Im tired of being ugly. No matter how much your friends and family tell you you’re pretty you know they’re lying to you. It’s just biology, my features aren’t attractive. My lips are too small and crooked, my nose is too big and my sharp jaw and high cheekbones make me look like a man. Im way too tall and skinny for a girl. Im just funny looking. I have Italian features from my dad that just look out of place on my face (e.g. big nose). My brother and I both have my dads features and height except he just looks like a handsome Italian dude. Plus he got the blue eyes, blonde curly hair genes from my mum. I didn’t even get the brains, he’s way smarter than me too. He just won the genetic lottery I guess.
I just look so different to everyone else and not in a unique and cool way. I know looks aren’t everything but sometimes I just wish I looked like a normal pretty girl, even just average looking. I try to be proud of my heritage and looks but it’s just hard when it’s the complete opposite of the beauty standards

I'm gay and tbh, it's about who you are rather than how you look. If you are a nice person, that shines brighter in my book. However, by the way you describe yourself, you truly are beautiful. This may sound clique but everyone is beautiful in their own ways. I know it's hard but please try not to compare yourself to others as you are you and that's ok. Also, you never know, they may look good on the outside but they may have a bad heart or may be unhappy with themselves on the inside.

If you need anyone to talk to, you can PM me anytime!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending