The Student Room Group

Petition to aqa to lower the grade boundaries.

Scroll to see replies

Signed, but it probably wont be accepted.
SIGNED
Reply 3
Thank you.Justice shall not be denied!.
Lets get this trending on twitterpost to as many twitter people with #aqabiology as you can we can do this
SIGNED
Reply 6
Please share this everywhere.Last year grade boundaries got slightly lower i hear for B and C grades,every little helps,plus our exam was way harder.Share share share.
i'll sign it even though i didnt do the exam lol

jus feel sorry 4 u guys

but then again, i wouldnt be surprised if ocr's biology exam will be hard
PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON TWITTER USING THE #AQABIOLOGY HASHTAG

EVERYONE SIGN THIS PETITION AGAINSTAQA'S UNFAIRNESS : https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-biology-2016-examination?recruiter=543162137&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink SHARE WITH YOUR MATES AND EVERYONE
Reply 9
Original post by mariam687
i'll sign it even though i didnt do the exam lol

jus feel sorry 4 u guys

but then again, i wouldnt be surprised if ocr's biology exam will be hard

Thanks.If you did this exam,you would feel your confidence shatter.Revise for 7 months ,know the specification and past papers by heart,and you get questions about rats drinking alchol and a question which isn't on the spec.Last year atleast ribosomes were on b2 spec,this year independent company is business wise,not biology.
Original post by AGBF
Thanks.If you did this exam,you would feel your confidence shatter.Revise for 7 months ,know the specification and past papers by heart,and you get questions about rats drinking alchol and a question which isn't on the spec.Last year atleast ribosomes were on b2 spec,this year independent company is business wise,not biology.

np :smile:

yh, ive seen all the replies/reviews and i was like "damn, it must've been hard" and it wasnt just a few people that found it hard, nearly all students did

it must be so irritating though, all that revision and hardwork for nothing :/

but i think that lots of people will sign, so im sure changes will be made, hopefully :smile:
Signed!! I'll deffo past the link:smile:
No need to start another thread complaining about the Exams okay.
I'm not against discussing about Grade boundaries and stuff, but some of you are slightly pushing it.
If you actually used your brain cells don't you think that AQA would notice if a significant amount of people were getting lower than normal?
Make petitions after the results are published, I hated the French Listening and as far as I know a lot of people on here did as well, but they agree that the reading was easier; Therefore I instinctively know that the listening Grade boundaries are going to be lower.
Sorry if I came across as yelling at you, and I am not posting this to offend anyone, but Please the Exam is over we can not change what has been done.
Get revising for the next one so you don't have to make more threads regarding a lowering in Grade Boundaries :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Bulletzone
No need to start another thread complaining about the Exams okay.
I'm not against discussing about Grade boundaries and stuff, but some of you are slightly pushing it.
If you actually used your brain cells don't you think that AQA would notice if a significant amount of people were getting lower than normal?
Make petitions after the results are published, I hated the French Listening and as far as I know a lot of people on here did as well, but they agree that the reading was easier; Therefore I instinctively know that the listening Grade boundaries are going to be lower.
Sorry if I came across as yelling at you, and I am not posting this to offend anyone, but Please the Exam is over we can not change what has been done.
Get revising for the next one so you don't have to make more threads regarding a lowering in Grade Boundaries :wink:

The fact that results are published contradicts your arguement. By the its too late.
To be honest, I don't even think AQA make the grade boundaries alone. A rogue exam board can't just decide to give everyone A*s because they ask. It is surely carefully considered and observed. There's no way this will change anything.
Original post by AndyDeany
To be honest, I don't even think AQA make the grade boundaries alone. A rogue exam board can't just decide to give everyone A*s because they ask. It is surely carefully considered and observed. There's no way this will change anything.

Thank you.
This will not work. You are being very silly.

The board wil assess how well a range of candidates did and manipulate the boundaries accordingly. As such, stop worrying because everybody was in the same boat as you. That means it will be done poorly, nationally.

You will not be hindered by an error they will know they made. As for your comment about the results already being published and it being too late - you clearly do not understand how examinations and grades work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by bikiniikilll
Signed!! I'll deffo past the link:smile:

Thanks.:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by ivybridge
This will not work. You are being very silly.

The board well assess how well a range of candidates did and manipulate the boundaries accordingly. As such, stop worrying because everybody was in the same boat as you. That means it will be done poorly, nationally.

You will not be hindered by an error they will know they made. As for your comment about the results already being published and it being too late - you clearly do not understand how examinations and grades work.

Elaborate?
I'm not signing, but simply because I found it the absolute easiest biology paper I've ever done, so I'm feeling rather confident anyway,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending