The Student Room Group

If Brexit win, will I be deported?

I'm a Spanish citizen, but have been in london for 14 years. I never applied for permanent residency though as I was told by the embassy there was no need to. Yes I have been working(self employed for the past year) for the past 5 years.

Would I be deported if britain leave? It would literally ruin my life...
Reply 1
Original post by chupacabraconcadabra
I'm a Spanish citizen, but have been in london for 14 years. I never applied for permanent residency though as I was told by the embassy there was no need to. Yes I have been working(self employed for the past year) for the past 5 years.

Potentially. but definitely not immediately. It will take some years for the exit to happen even if it is voted for (which at the moment is not looking likely - according to the bookies rather than opinion polls).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes, you better go to Scotland.
Guess I better start applying for permanent residency then...
Not until at least 2020. I very much doubt that the Tories would start being anti-immigration all of a sudden just because we've left the EU. But if Brexit wins, then that means that a lot of people have started to agree with UKIP, so there's a chance they might win the next election. If UKIP, or another party with similar views, wins in 2020, you'll probably be deported unless you have permanent residency.

Hopefully that won't happen though. I'm hopeful that there are more people with common sense and compassion than there are idiots that think that all immigration is bad.

I would expect the answer to be NO.

However you should lose your right to any benefits we provide as we would expect you to provide for yourself.

The best chance you have is to become a British Citizen,

Highly unlikely in my opinion
Not gonna happen anyway
No, you won't be deported! It will take 2 years for Britain to leave the EU and we still need many people from the EU to work and study with us after that. You'll just have to apply for a work visa. Do not worry.

SS
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending