The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Exams coming up on Tuesday and I haven't found a thread on G481 June 2016. I'm guessing everyone sitting this exam is retaking.
How is everyone feeling about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what could come up
last years paper was hard but looks easy now
Does anyone have a link to June 2015?
How many people will give this paper though uk do you htink?
A2 knowledge has made mechanics look way easier, but the time pressure always gets to me
Yh mechanics looks very simple but some of the definitions and/or calculations related to power or car safety always gets me.
definition of watt?
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
definition of watt?
1 Joule of energy transferred per second.
Original post by StaticImpulse
1 Joule of energy transferred per second.

Does anyone know what the predictions for tomorrows exam are?
same material, so youngs modulus, stress and strain are all the same. Area is quartered though, so for the same youngs modulus force is also quarted, so the gradient of the graph is less.
Original post by StaticImpulse
same material, so youngs modulus, stress and strain are all the same. Area is quartered though, so for the same youngs modulus force is also quarted, so the gradient of the graph is less.

yep got it thanks.
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
yep got it thanks.

(Straight line) with quarter gradientCorrect reasoning, for example: gradient = EA/L andA decreases by a factor of 4 A decreases by a factor of 4 and the same force gives4 times the extension

i feel like get it but at the same time i dont marks scheme is not that clear
Original post by zzxxDash53xxzz
(Straight line) with quarter gradientCorrect reasoning, for example: gradient = EA/L andA decreases by a factor of 4 A decreases by a factor of 4 and the same force gives4 times the extension

i feel like get it but at the same time i dont marks scheme is not that clear

That is correct, yep.

My friend explained it to me. Thank you.

And good luck tomorrow.
Reply 15
Everyone feeling prepared? I'm feeling good (I've just done like every past paper in these last 2 days and managed to get A in all of them) but I'm massively freaking out that they'll ask a horrible Car Safety question...
Quick write up of all the experiments that we need to be aware of?
Original post by Hopstano
Quick write up of all the experiments that we need to be aware of?

centre of gravity

effieceny

young modulus

extension/length etc.
Anyone got an example of a really tricky car safety question? Also, anyone have a list of all the definitions and equations we need that aren't given? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending