The Student Room Group

How likely is it that I get into UCL or KCL with these grades????

I have 6A* 1A 1B(B in english first language) in CIE IGCSE
Currently doing CIE AS-level. Predicted AAAA
Going to do CIE A-level. Predicted A*A*A*A*(please do mind it is predicted. In reality I might get A*A*AA)

What are my chances of getting into Imperial, UCL and KCL with these grades?
BTW, I'm going for Electrical Engineering

Any help would be appreciated.
No, those are terrible grades. Try London Met.

Seriously though. Instead of asking questions on an internet forum that you already know the answer to just to satisfy your ego, try revising and actually getting those grades :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by smozsolution
No, those are terrible grades. Try London Met.

Seriously though. Instead of asking questions on an internet forum that you already know the answer to just to satisfy your ego, try revising and actually getting those grades :wink:

Look, I'm serious here. From what I've heard, the engineering department at UCL, KCL, and Imperial are very competitive, way above the normal average of the university. I would like to know my chances with these grades as I am an international student.
lol is this thread for real?????
Could you even get any better AS/A2 grades... :s-smilie:
Original post by KingYusHalo
Look, I'm serious here. From what I've heard, the engineering department at UCL, KCL, and Imperial are very competitive, way above the normal average of the university. I would like to know my chances with these grades as I am an international student.

Your achieved and predicted grades may indicate that you're academically clever but you lack common sense.

If you meet the entry requirements (which you do and you know you do) then you stand the same chance as any other applicant applying who meets the entry requirements, international or not.
Reply 6
PLEASE.....you guys don't understand. I dunno much about the average brit student and why they are making such a fuss.
I need to know what are my chances of being accepted. 25%? 50%? How common is it for a person like me to get in to EE?
I know I sound like a di*k, but please don't make that impression. I'm a humble person.

Edit: predicted A*A*AA.
(edited 7 years ago)
PLEASE.....you guys don't understand. I dunno much about the average brit student and why they are making such a fuss.
I need to know what are my chances of being accepted. 25%? 50%? How common is it for a person like me to get in to EE?
I know I sound like a di*k, but please don't make that impression. I'm a humble person.

I've just explained that you have the same chance as anyone else applying who also meets the entry requirements. It's then down to your personal statement and reference. It's a decision nobody knows apart from the admissions tutors and can vary between universities.

For example, I applied this year to both Edinburgh and UCL for Neuroscience. I have extenuating circumstances for doing a third year of A Levels, an A* in psychology and predicted AA in biology and chemistry. UCL gave me an offer with no questions asked yet Edinburgh rejected me straight away. It's entirely dependent on who's assessing your application and what they're looking for.

If you're that worried, take a much needed break from your revision and contact the admission tutors of the relevant departments to discuss it further. However, don't be surprised if they say similar things to what's already been said. Until they see the pool of applicants, your chances are as good as anyone else's.
Reply 8

Spoiler

Edit: predicted A*A*AA.

' average Brit student ' 😂
Original post by OddFuturez
' average Brit student ' 😂

I didn't get you?
anything wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest