The Student Room Group

What is retrospective medical evidence - Extenuating Circumstances

Hi,

My uni says on the Extenuating Circumstances form that "retrospective medical evidence" will not be supported.

I asked my uni about it but they never responded. It just sounds vague to me

Anyone care to explain what retrospective medical evidence means

Thanks
Original post by dalifeman
Hi,

My uni says on the Extenuating Circumstances form that "retrospective medical evidence" will not be supported.

I asked my uni about it but they never responded. It just sounds vague to me

Anyone care to explain what retrospective medical evidence means

Thanks

they wont accept evidence dated after the event you are claiming extenuating circumstances for. So if you missed an exam because you were ill, you'd need to have gone to the doctors before the exam, not after it.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
they wont accept evidence dated after the event you are claiming extenuating circumstances for. So if you missed an exam because you were ill, you'd need to have gone to the doctors before the exam, not after it.

Hi,

I went to the doctor BEFORE, but I never bothered getting a letter at the time. However, on the letter I have now it states the date I went to see the doctor which was BEFORE the assessment concerned. Would that be acceptable, as I did see the doctor before but I never got a letter at the time?
Original post by dalifeman
Hi,

I went to the doctor BEFORE, but I never bothered getting a letter at the time. However, on the letter I have now it states the date I went to see the doctor which was BEFORE the assessment concerned. Would that be acceptable, as I did see the doctor before but I never got a letter at the time?

That might be ok, but ask your university to be sure- go to see someone in person if they didnt respond before.
Reply 4
Hi, I was wondering have you managed to get a note from doctor? I have the same prob- I got the copy of prescription and a sealed self certification for work. I didn't even know I needed a doctors note. How was the outcome?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending