The Student Room Group

One of my sisters just sleepwalked!!

Like 5 minutes ago she just gets out of bed and comes up to me and I'm asking her what's wrong and speaking to her like normal, remove my ****ing headphones!

She won't answer so I stand the **** up and ask her again she's slurring but she looks ****ing awake and she goes, "I have to throw it out"!

I ask her what, she goes, "this little piece of plastic" and makes an okay sign with her fingers!

So I said, what, there's no plastic?! And my mum is sitting there like :|

so she tells my sister to go throw it out and my other sister and one of my brothers just sit there like :indiff:

and we all silently watch her go throw out NOTHING!

And she doesn't realise she threw out nothing and she goes back to bed and now shes fast asleep again so we all tried not to laugh!?

I didn't know she did that so I said we should see someone because what if she gets up and leaves the house?!
I'm googling this **** :s-smilie:
Original post by 0to100
Like 5 minutes ago she just gets out of bed and comes up to me and I'm asking her what's wrong and speaking to her like normal, remove my ****ing headphones!

She won't answer so I stand the **** up and ask her again she's slurring but she looks ****ing awake and she goes, "I have to throw it out"!

I ask her what, she goes, "this little piece of plastic" and makes an okay sign with her fingers!

So I said, what, there's no plastic?! And my mum is sitting there like :|

so she tells my sister to go throw it out and my other sister and one of my brothers just sit there like :indiff:

and we all silently watch her go throw out NOTHING!

And she doesn't realise she threw out nothing and she goes back to bed and now shes fast asleep again so we all tried not to laugh!?

I didn't know she did that so I said we should see someone because what if she gets up and leaves the house?!

Sleepwalking is perfectly normal when under stress, if the person is drunk,or taking sedative drugs, or if the person is sleep deprived.
There are many medical conditions that trigger sleep walking like heart rhythm problems, nighttime seizures, apnea, restless leg syndrome or panic attacks.

Sleep walking if the happening is rare is perfectly normal but if it continues (as in like multiple times a night or multiple times a week for x amount of weeks) medical opinion is recommended.
Original post by RickmanAlways
Sleepwalking is perfectly normal when under stress, if the person is drunk,or taking sedative drugs, or if the person is sleep deprived.
There are many medical conditions that trigger sleep walking like heart rhythm problems, nighttime seizures, apnea, restless leg syndrome or panic attacks.

Sleep walking if the happening is rare is perfectly normal but if it continues (as in like multiple times a night or multiple times a week for x amount of weeks) medical opinion is recommended.

Apparently she keeps doing it I didn't know everything that goes on, I do my own thing you know? :\ It just shocked me! lol Like I'm worried she'll unlock the door and walk in the street like it's weird. And my mum is soooo...Idk the word but doesn't take it srs so I said take her to a dr she was like. Said something so irrelevant and useless that I can't even rem. Eugh. :s-smilie:
Original post by 0to100
Apparently she keeps doing it I didn't know everything that goes on, I do my own thing you know? :\ It just shocked me! lol Like I'm worried she'll unlock the door and walk in the street like it's weird. And my mum is soooo...Idk the word but doesn't take it srs so I said take her to a dr she was like. Said something so irrelevant and useless that I can't even rem. Eugh. :s-smilie:

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/abnormal-sleep-behaviors/sleepwalking

Quick Reply

Latest