The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college: English Literature A level, Exam Board OCR-Books?

Hi there,
I can't go to the taster day so I'm wondering what books I will be studying for AS? So I could read it in the summer holidays just to familiarise myself?
Bump
Original post by geniequeen48
Hi there,
I can't go to the taster day so I'm wondering what books I will be studying for AS? So I could read it in the summer holidays just to familiarise myself?

Hiya! You might want to have a look at the specifications for the OCR English, which you can find here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-english-literature-h072-h472-from-2015/

You could also email your college to ask which texts they teach, and if they have any recommendations for summer reading. If you email the reception they should be able to put you in touch with the right person.

For studying English, it's always good to familiarise yourself with a bit of Shakespeare (you'll definitely be studying him at some point) - if you haven't studied him before it's always good to watch a few of the film versions of his plays. It's much easier to get to grips with the language if you see it acted out :smile:
Hi there,

You're going Woodhouse? Cool, what other A-Levels did you pick?:smile:
Original post by fishandrice
You're going Woodhouse? Cool, what other A-Levels did you pick?:smile:

Lol, bio, chem and spanish haha. You going too?
Thank you! I'll do that :smile:
Original post by Fox Corner
Hiya! You might want to have a look at the specifications for the OCR English, which you can find here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-english-literature-h072-h472-from-2015/

You could also email your college to ask which texts they teach, and if they have any recommendations for summer reading. If you email the reception they should be able to put you in touch with the right person.

For studying English, it's always good to familiarise yourself with a bit of Shakespeare (you'll definitely be studying him at some point) - if you haven't studied him before it's always good to watch a few of the film versions of his plays. It's much easier to get to grips with the language if you see it acted out :smile:
I'm in A2 there and I know the current AS do The Tempest and The Canterbury Tales - think they do a few others but I'm not sure what they are. I very much doubt those set texts will change because AS are the first to do the new specification. If you went to an open day and got a handbook I'm sure it would say in there, or you could always email an English teacher :smile:
Hi there,

I got a Woodhouse offer too for; English lit, maths, economics and Pe.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest