The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Application

Attention all Woodhouse current students and recent alumni!
Applications are open soon to apply for post-16 (Starting September 2024) and Woodhouse is one of my top choices so I hope I get accepted! I've heard that you have to write a personal statement as part of the post-16 application process but I'm not totally sure so can anyone clarify?

Also the school that I go to in North London staggers GCSEs so we do our language in y9, two options in y10 and the rest in year 11 so you end up doing one more GCSE than most schools, do you think this will give me an extra edge because I know Woodhouse is very oversubscribed and very competitive!

I did French GCSE in y9 but because I was an in year admission and only came 4 months before the exam, I scored a 5 but I did foundation tier. I did Geography and Psychology GCSEs in y10 which I got a 7 and 8 in, respectively.

I'm doing Separate sciences, English, Maths, Food and nutrition and Religious Studies this year, which I am predicted 8-9s in, do you think my French GCSE will pull my average point grade down?

I also want to do English literature, Chemistry and Biology A-levels, so any advice for that would be very much appreciated!!

Sorry for bombarding you guys lol
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by m1sk1
Applications are open soon to apply for post-16 (Starting September 2024) and Woodhouse is one of my top choices so I hope I get accepted! I've heard that you have to write a personal statement as part of the post-16 application process but I'm not totally sure so can anyone clarify?

Also the school that I go to in North London staggers GCSEs so we do our language in y9, two options in y10 and the rest in year 11 so you end up doing one more GCSE than most schools, do you think this will give me an extra edge because I know Woodhouse is very oversubscribed and very competitive!

I did French GCSE in y9 but because I was an in year admission and only came 4 months before the exam, I scored a 5 but I did foundation tier. I did Geography and Psychology GCSEs in y10 which I got a 7 and 8 in, respectively.

I'm doing Separate sciences, English, Maths, Food and nutrition and Religious Studies this year, which I am predicted 8-9s in, do you think my French GCSE will pull my average point grade down?

I also want to do English literature, Chemistry and Biology A-levels, so any advice for that would be very much appreciated!!

I think you’ll be fine broski
Original post by m1sk1

did you get an offer??
Original post by doughnutsareslay
did you get an offer??

Yep, you?
Original post by royal-esteem
Yep, you?

I got put on the waitlist
I got put on the waitlist

Oh damn one of my friends did too, what did u apply for?
Oh damn one of my friends did too, what did u apply for?

I applied for econ, maths and chemistry! what about you?
I applied for econ, maths and chemistry! what about you?

Bio, chem, maths. Was Woodhouse your first choice?
Bio, chem, maths. Was Woodhouse your first choice?

yes it was haha, now ill go on results day and try again but if not then ill probs stick to my school rn, where else did you apply?
yes it was haha, now ill go on results day and try again but if not then ill probs stick to my school rn, where else did you apply?
I didn’t apply for many only Woodhouse, Ashmole and LAET. Wby? Btw I was looking at some past threads and sometimes offers for people on the waiting list were sent out a couple days to a week later so don’t give up hope.
I didn’t apply for many only Woodhouse, Ashmole and LAET. Wby? Btw I was looking at some past threads and sometimes offers for people on the waiting list were sent out a couple days to a week later so don’t give up hope.

Ohh nice nice, I applied to woodhouse, Brampton manor and some schools around my area, I got into brampton but its super duper far from my house and id much rather go somewhere closer so I don't have to travel 2+ hrs everyday. Yeahh I was also reading some threads so I wont give up hope yet and on the email they sent they said they can still offer me a place before end of june so like before end of gcses !!
Ohh nice nice, I applied to woodhouse, Brampton manor and some schools around my area, I got into brampton but its super duper far from my house and id much rather go somewhere closer so I don't have to travel 2+ hrs everyday. Yeahh I was also reading some threads so I wont give up hope yet and on the email they sent they said they can still offer me a place before end of june so like before end of gcses !!

Oh wow congrats for getting into Brampton that’s amazing!
Oh wow congrats for getting into Brampton that’s amazing!

ikr!! I was so happy but it's so far from me so I probs won't go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending