The Student Room Group

Ammeters

So ive been told that an ammeter needs a negligible resistance so that the current doesnt decrease, but i also thought that the current in a series circuit was always constant so which is right? or are both ? (Might be a silly question and im missing something easy)
Original post by Angus09
So ive been told that an ammeter needs a negligible resistance so that the current doesnt decrease, but i also thought that the current in a series circuit was always constant so which is right? or are both ? (Might be a silly question and im missing something easy)

Both correct.
Reply 2
Original post by Angus09

If you add an Anmeter with resistance the current would decrease and then be at a lower constant value. Current is constant in a series circuit unless you add resistance

I=V/R

so if you add resistance current gets smaller as Voltage is constant (unless you change the settings of the cell/battery pack)
I think they're both right?
Original post by Angus09

Here

Quick Reply

Latest