The Student Room Group

Article: How to avoid embarrassing exam mistakes

We've all made mistakes on exams, but some mistakes are funnier than others. When @Tropojanja made a thread about it, we loved it so much we decided to pick out some of our favourites. Read the article here.

You can also have a look at the original thread here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In my maths exam last year I wrote my full name in the forename box. This year I did exactly the same thing..
in my critical thinking exam, the last 12 mark question was asking for an argument FOR the statement and I wrote an argument against it....
I thought 8 squared was 81 so I got Pythagoras wrong in maths paper 2016
thank you for including me. :smile:
I had the ultimate nightmare in last year's core biology exam, halfway through the paper there was a blank page with a cross through it reading end of question not to be mistaken with end of questionS but unfortunately in my exam fury I assumed that it was the end of the paper so in the end I only answered half of it... But somehow still got a b?!
In this years Econ paper I said that 15/0.5 is 7.5...
Original post by nineteenone
One of my friend's told me that in her school, someone answered EVERY question on the AQA GCSE Eng Lit exam. Bear in mind, there are around 20 or so questions and you're meant to answer 2 questions in one hour and 15 minutes :P

My form tutor told me that if you do accidentally do that, they just use the mark on the 2 sections that you did the best on, so she might have even got a really good score on one that she's never read!
In my geography paper I wrote that 63,000 people died as a result of the Mt. Pinatubo eruption in 1991...whereas only 350 people died...
Original post by kirstenmcfly
In my maths exam last year I wrote my full name in the forename box. This year I did exactly the same thing..

I always do that idek why :/
I missed the key off the stem and leaf (question 1). Still got the highest in the year...
Once I did a practice biology mock and it asked how plants reproduce. I got really confused, although I have no idea why, and wrote that plants reproduced b-sexually, I got seriously confused and thought mammals and animals reproduce A-sexually so plants must reproduce B-sexually, but at least I'll (probably) remember not to in the exam XD
I had a friend in GCSE who answered an entire question on Hitler's Germany (during WW2) in our Year 11 exam when we'd spent the past 12 months learning about the Great Depression and Hitler's rise to power (before WW2). :eek: We all felt so sorry for her! I think she got a D or something... not too bad, considering. It did bring her B average in Histroy down though. :frown:
I said that alpacas were camels in my geography exam :frown:
Well, at least my embarassment somehow came to use.

i feel famous
Original post by ermhelena
One of my friends Ibraheem wrote his full name in the Surname box, and for the box titled 'Other Names' wrote 'Ibs, Ibby...' and all his other nicknames.

This is my new favourite one :rofl:
Reply 18
In the middle of my AQA Religious Studies exam this year, I was finished really early and got really bored and started playing with my pen (taking it apart and playing with the spring) and then like the genius I am, i pressed down on the spring, completely forgeting physics exists and each little part from the pen went flying EVERYWHERE. Then the man overlooking the exam picked up the biggest part of it and put his finger accross his throat (yeno, the universal sign for "ima cut your throat boyy") turns out he was trying to ask was the pen broke and if so could he put it in the bin. That was last month and no body has let it go yet.
Back in high school (some 30 years ago), my history teacher gave a warning example about the student who expounded on the role of technology in America's westward expansion. He did fine as he went through the steam engine, the cotton gin, the canal system, the railroads, and so on.

"But greatest of all" (he said) "was the McCormick Raper, which could do the work of 100 men."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending