The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Uni Start date

I confirmed my accommodation the other day and it said my contract start date was the 17th Sept, do you think thats the date that I will be moving in? (Apologies if I'm being a right idiot and its a silly question haha)
If your accommodation contract starts on the 17th will likely move in on 17th. You'd struggle to move in before.

It is possible however that they will stagger the moving in process, as 1000's of students moving in on the same day can be impossible. I suspect they'll send you further information on when to move in, possibly even giving you a couple of hours window to move in during - likely based on your accommodation's location.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Elivercury
If your accommodation contract starts on the 17th will likely move in on 17th. You'd struggle to move in before.

It is possible however that they will stagger the moving in process, as 1000's of students moving in on the same day can be impossible. I suspect they'll send you further information on when to move in, possibly even giving you a couple of hours window to move in during - likely based on your accommodation's location.

I did mean either on, or after the date as opposed to before lol. But yeah these are the things i thought. Cheers :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Myleslgowen
I did mean either on, or after the date as opposed to before lol. But yeah these are the things i thought. Cheers :smile:

September 17th/18th would be the moving in weekend; what generally happens if that you 'book' a time slot so as Elivercury said it's staggered. Most people move in on the Saturday but you can move in on the Sunday too :smile:

Hope this helps :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending