The Student Room Group

Exam clashes question

I have 2 exams scheduled for 1:15pm on the 17th June. Exam clashes are usually dealt with such as that one takes place in the morning and the other in the afternoon. But since both of these are set to start in the afternoon, will they be one after the other from 1:15pm?

Original post by ColeNate
I have 2 exams scheduled for 1:15pm on the 17th June. Exam clashes are usually dealt with such as that one takes place in the morning and the other in the afternoon. But since both of these are set to start in the afternoon, will they be one after the other from 1:15pm?

You should ask your school as the sooner they know, they can deal with it accordingly.
You'll most likely have to do them one after the other. However, You shall be kept in Isolation during the change between Exams.
Reply 3
I know in my college, if a student had a clash they'd make them do one after the other and remain in the same seat in the exam room.

Think it's pretty unfair tbh because your least likely to do well since you're hand is hurting, you've been stressed, you don't have time to re-think and gather your composure.
All I've ever known them to do is make you sit one early on the morning slot, keep you in isolation, then you sit the other one at the original time with everyone else.

I am sure you already know the answer to this but in general the rule is if you have extra time for two exams scheduled in the afternoon, you may sit one in the morning and one in the afternoon. If you do not have extra time the total exam time in the afternoon must exceed 3hrs to warrant moving one to the morning- which is often rare. Is it by any chance D1 and M2 clash you have?
Reply 6

They can only be moved from one session to the other if they total more than 3 hours. Otherwise you just have to take one after the other.

Quick Reply

Latest