The Student Room Group

year 0 to year 1 for oxford law

hi there

i’m doing an integrated foundation year course at royal holloway at the moment in a different department and i really want to go oxford to study law, i know the grade requirements are AAA for law at oxford but on the website it says if you do not meet a level requirements and you’re studying at a university you’d need to “prove” you can study at oxford

i’m retaking my a level exams during my foundation year and i hope to get A*A*A* (this is best case scenario)

am i able to apply to oxford for law and when and how do i apply in the position and time i am in right now as i start university in early october
Original post by coispet
hi there

i’m doing an integrated foundation year course at royal holloway at the moment in a different department and i really want to go oxford to study law, i know the grade requirements are AAA for law at oxford but on the website it says if you do not meet a level requirements and you’re studying at a university you’d need to “prove” you can study at oxford

i’m retaking my a level exams during my foundation year and i hope to get A*A*A* (this is best case scenario)

am i able to apply to oxford for law and when and how do i apply in the position and time i am in right now as i start university in early october

IT IS VERT intense and there may be clashes with a level exams and foundation year exams. Just pick either one.

A-level resits are cheaper. Foundation year more guaranteed progression to royal holloway and also a uni to support with the assignments so you don't procrastinate at home.
Reply 2
Original post by justlearning1469
IT IS VERT intense and there may be clashes with a level exams and foundation year exams. Just pick either one.

A-level resits are cheaper. Foundation year more guaranteed progression to royal holloway and also a uni to support with the assignments so you don't procrastinate at home.

i’ve already decided i’m going to resit a level exams

i know i will do well in them and also i’m assuming the foundation year will mainly cover a level content anyways to prepare us for year 1

can you answer the main question please
Original post by coispet
i’ve already decided i’m going to resit a level exams

i know i will do well in them and also i’m assuming the foundation year will mainly cover a level content anyways to prepare us for year 1

can you answer the main question please

you can although for foundation year case by case, but you can try it and you can apply. Just get a reference by Oct 15.
Reply 4
Original post by justlearning1469
you can although for foundation year case by case, but you can try it and you can apply. Just get a reference by Oct 15.

damn i’d rather do the application process after i recieved the achieved grades for a levels tbh so i have a better chance and after my foundation year
Original post by coispet
damn i’d rather do the application process after i recieved the achieved grades for a levels tbh so i have a better chance and after my foundation year

but if you do it after the foundation year... you'd take a gap after your foundation? or what

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending