The Student Room Group

What do you do in the summer holidays ?

So I've finished 1st year at uni and I'm off for the summer holidays now until late September.

I was just curious to know what sort of things do people honestly get upto during their summer break. ??
I am asking so that perhaps I could get a few ideas which I might not have thought of myself.

(P.s good luck to those of you who still have exams left)

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Back when I was a student I worked abroad over the summer holidays.
Revise:colone:
Reply 3
usually we do something fun with the kids like legoland, sea life centre etc, this year were goign to barcelona
Nothing exciting but I am planning to:
Volunteer in a children's centre once a week
Learn to play the guitar
Sleep
Eat
- Meeting up with old friends (well, only got two days planned for this so...) before I head off to university (if my A levels go well) in September.
- Part-time job
- Relearn French
- Babysit
- Going on holiday for a week
- Work experience at large tech company

Might be going to Ireland for a few days to meet up with someone but I don't know yet.
Reply 6
I work at my part time job and also volunteer twice a week at my local charity shop to raise money for people suffering with addiction. I mostly just meet up with friends and play video games or sleep in a lot. Sometimes I'll be productive and do some housework but most of the time I just pick a place to go near me and go on a different adventure :smile:
Original post by Zozaaaa
I work at my part time job and also volunteer twice a week at my local charity shop to raise money for people suffering with addiction. I mostly just meet up with friends and play video games or sleep in a lot. Sometimes I'll be productive and do some housework but most of the time I just pick a place to go near me and go on a different adventure :smile:

Sounds cool :smile:
Go and study in Beijing University :smile:
Reply 9
If I was you I would plan to go away travelling with with friends, if you do end up going away and want to save some money airbnb are doing a deal that if you sign up and book accommodation through someone else both people get £20 off if you book through that persons link, I have my link https://www.airbnb.co.in/c/ailishh6?s=3&i=1 might be worth looking at if you haven't booked it yet and I get money towards my internal trip accomodation so both people benefit haha (Sorry if this comes off like I'm being pushy, me and my friends are all broke students and want to go travelling :'))
Reply 10
I meant to say interrail DAMN AUTOCORRECT!!!

Quick Reply

Latest