The Student Room Group

Please help. A bit panicky now!!

I will be attending Cardiff in September for Mental Health Nursing. I am currently sorting my weight and fitness out but I am panicking about the scrubs that are used for placement. Does anyone know what size they may go up to. I've looked online but they only go to XL and that will no where near fit me!

Anyone have scrubs in XXXL or similar?

Thanks in advance!!
Original post by Meadette
I will be attending Cardiff in September for Mental Health Nursing. I am currently sorting my weight and fitness out but I am panicking about the scrubs that are used for placement. Does anyone know what size they may go up to. I've looked online but they only go to XL and that will no where near fit me!

Anyone have scrubs in XXXL or similar?

Thanks in advance!!

Honestly, don't worry about it. I know plenty of nurses who wear XXXL scrubs. Bear in mind that scrubs are usually very generously sized so you probably need a smaller size than you think (I wear small top, XS bottoms and I'm a size 10 on top, 12 on the bottom and have never worn anything labelled XS ever :laugh:). Most health boards have linen services which can order in custom made uniforms, so even if you can't get some straight off the shelf, they'll have some made for you. This really isn't a big deal and happens a lot. If you want clarification and to make sure your uniform isn't delayed you could always contact the uni to double check what the procedure is.
Are you sure that you wear scrubs? I thought MH student nurses wore more clothes like uniforms, ie polo shirts and combat trousers?
Original post by lilibet01
Are you sure that you wear scrubs? I thought MH student nurses wore more clothes like uniforms, ie polo shirts and combat trousers?

It varies between universities and health boards in England, but all student nurses at Cardiff wear purple scrubs as part of the All Wales uniform so this is standardised across all nursing students from any university in Wales.
I'm an adult student and I'm a larger size in clothes, I've had no problem getting my uniform in my size- I haven't wore scrubs yet but a lot of people have said they have found no problem in finding their size- in my uni a lot of the mental health student nurses don't need to wear there uniform on placement unless there in a hospital environment they just wear smart plain clothes- hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending