The Student Room Group

GCSE Astronomy | Paper 1 | 14th June

Anyone else panicky about paper 1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I always do worse on paper 1 mocks.

What are you doing to revise?
Original post by Gigi7890
Yes, I always do worse on paper 1 mocks.

What are you doing to revise?

I’m focusing on lunar geography and the positions of stars and constellations. What about you?
Reply 3
Coordinate system drives me crazy. That and AU calcs.

Good 🤞 luck
Coordinate system drives me crazy. That and AU calcs.

Good 🤞 luck

Gl 2 u 2 :smile:
aw u guys are so lucky u do astronomy gcse i wish i could do it
Original post by Imenebouayed
aw u guys are so lucky u do astronomy gcse i wish i could do it

It is fun but, it is super tricky.
Reply 7
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
Anyone else panicky about paper 1?

Honestly panicking more about paper 2, to me it's much more wordy and harder to remember, though that's just me. If anyone has any tips on remembering this stuff that would help a lot :smile:. Hope paper 1 goes well for everyone doing it tomorrow, let's hope the questions aren't too bad 🤞
Original post by Heather222
Honestly panicking more about paper 2, to me it's much more wordy and harder to remember, though that's just me. If anyone has any tips on remembering this stuff that would help a lot :smile:. Hope paper 1 goes well for everyone doing it tomorrow, let's hope the questions aren't too bad 🤞

Well, for the Hertzprung-Ruseel diagram, I remembered three of the letter on the bottom through Bach, the composer, so I now remember it as B.A.K. If you remember things so that they are similar to things you like or love then it is easier to remember. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 9
How did you guys do?
Reply 10
Well, for the Hertzprung-Ruseel diagram, I remembered three of the letter on the bottom through Bach, the composer, so I now remember it as B.A.K. If you remember things so that they are similar to things you like or love then it is easier to remember. Hope this helps :smile:

Dont they teach

Oh Be A Fine Girl / Guy Kiss Me

Anymore?
Reply 11
How did you guys do?
messed up the one marker about an asterism. put southern cross for some reason when i knew it was orion. exam nerves i guess.
Original post by Joinedup
Dont they teach

Oh Be A Fine Girl / Guy Kiss Me

Anymore?

I don't get taught, home ed
How did you guys do?

I freaked out before the exam but, I did really well. Wby?
Reply 14
I freaked out before the exam but, I did really well. Wby?

It was alright. The maths stuff was good, first questions were good, just not sure on a couple of questions and has to guess a bit.
It was alright. The maths stuff was good, first questions were good, just not sure on a couple of questions and has to guess a bit.

Same.
Reply 16
How did you guys do?

Was OK I think, my brains just made it all a blur so I can't really remember 😅 I was happy with quite a few questions i think but there were some weird ones like the one with the mountains on the island. Its done now and we're half way! Well done everyone :smile:
Original post by Heather222
Was OK I think, my brains just made it all a blur so I can't really remember 😅 I was happy with quite a few questions i think but there were some weird ones like the one with the mountains on the island. Its done now and we're half way! Well done everyone :smile:

Yeah, the St. Helens questions made my brain itch lol. Best of luck with the second one :smile:, the telescopic observation paper is always more straight forward and logical, if you want to do good in paper 2, make sure you back up the points you make when answering a question.
Reply 18
Yeah, the St. Helens questions made my brain itch lol. Best of luck with the second one :smile:, the telescopic observation paper is always more straight forward and logical, if you want to do good in paper 2, make sure you back up the points you make when answering a question.

Thanks for the advice, best of luck to you too 👍
Reply 19
How did you guys do?

I found it soooo hard

Quick Reply

Latest