The Student Room Group

Oxbridge post-A levels

Hi, just wondering if anyone is either a) planning to apply to Oxbridge after receiving A level results, or b) applied to Oxbridge successfully or unsuccessfully after receiving A levels. If I get A*A*A, as well as an A*/A grade EPQ this year, I'm thinking of requesting to be released from my current uni (ABB entry grades Russell group) and apply with the current year 12s to St. John's College Cambridge for Linguistics; if anyone has anything to say/suggest it would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by HistoryStudent1
Hi, just wondering if anyone is either a) planning to apply to Oxbridge after receiving A level results, or b) applied to Oxbridge successfully or unsuccessfully after receiving A levels. If I get A*A*A, as well as an A*/A grade EPQ this year, I'm thinking of requesting to be released from my current uni (ABB entry grades Russell group) and apply with the current year 12s to St. John's College Cambridge for Linguistics; if anyone has anything to say/suggest it would be much appreciated :smile:

It's not a bad idea to apply to Oxbridge post A-levels, but bear in mind a large majority of successful applicants (esp. arts subjects) exceeds their minimum entry requirement and offer.
So if you're giving up a place at another uni you already have an offer from to reapply to Oxbridge, please be aware there is a chance you may not be successful with Oxbridge application. Just make sure you have a very strong application profile on top,of your achieved grades to avoid the risk. Just achieving their minimum requirement is not enough to guarantee your success. Especially for applicants applying after a gap year, they want to know you've been doing something useful to strengthen your application.
Grades are the only one part of application they look at, for all applicants.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending