The Student Room Group

Double texting (specific scenario)

So I'm in high school now, 18 years old. Last time I talked to this girl was in 6th grade (I was 13 at the time I believe). We were "okay" friends nothing special. I had a strange dream and since then wanted to get in touch with her. I looked her up on facebook - she doesn't use it. Fortunately I did find her on instagram. I sent her a "follow" and she imediately accepted it and re-followed me (even though I have literally 0 pictures on instagram). I waited for a few days and sent her a direct message over instagram, I just wrote "hi". STILL no response - it's literally been 5 days. I don't know if I should send her another message or just let it go and move on. Now I can't stop thinking about this because I really didn't expect that she just doesn't respond. So I don't know what to do now..Bear in mind this is my first time posting anything anywhere so I'm sorry for any possible mistakes (I don't know the rules). Thanks in advance!
I hate it when guys just say hi. What a boring opener *yawn*. No interesting conversation starts from "hi". I don't tend to reply to it.
Reply 2
Okay so lesson number one - think of a better opener in the future.
But what about the situation at hand? What do I do about it? Should I send another message or just let it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending