The Student Room Group

Controlling boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

He's emotionally abusive and might become physical later on in the relationship - leave him now. It will be hard, but it will only get worse the longer you stay with him :smile:
Leave.Him.
Just leave him.
Just leave him, you deserve better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. We are 18.He doesn't like me drinking or going to parties. He makes me feel ashamed and bad if I do. He looks down on people that do, and makes me feel inferior. I used to go out in the early days with friends and stuff but I never do anymore, as I know he won't approve. He doesn't approve of any of my friends and I've turned down invites as I know he won't like it. In the times I have gone out to celebrate, he's gotten angry and was concerned with who I talked to and what I drank, even if it was just one beer. If he drinks, it's fine because it's on HIS terms. I'm going to my best friends 21st next week, and I feel like I won't have a good time because he will be purposely making me upset by not talking to me or taunting me with trivial questions about what I'm doing and who I'm with. I'm so scared to go.Everything is ALWAYS my fault; he never apologises for making me cry. I feel like I have to ask permission before I go anywhere, especially if there will be alcohol there. I go away to university soon as I have an unconditional offer. I am so excited to go out and party but I feel like he will make me feel bad on purpose and guilt trip me. My parents feel that he always puts me down and nothing I do is ever good enough, and if I do do something good, he always ignores it or puts it down. I don't know what to do, because I always get Manipulated into thinking it's MY fault.
I need tips on how to not give unto him.

Why are you with a guy like this, he is destroying you and your self esteem. You should be allowed to go out and have a good time with your friends even if you are in a relationship. You shouldn't need to ask permision, this is pretty much abuse almost. Seriously get out now, he will only get worse.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. We are 18.He doesn't like me drinking or going to parties. He makes me feel ashamed and bad if I do. He looks down on people that do, and makes me feel inferior. I used to go out in the early days with friends and stuff but I never do anymore, as I know he won't approve. He doesn't approve of any of my friends and I've turned down invites as I know he won't like it. In the times I have gone out to celebrate, he's gotten angry and was concerned with who I talked to and what I drank, even if it was just one beer. If he drinks, it's fine because it's on HIS terms. I'm going to my best friends 21st next week, and I feel like I won't have a good time because he will be purposely making me upset by not talking to me or taunting me with trivial questions about what I'm doing and who I'm with. I'm so scared to go.Everything is ALWAYS my fault; he never apologises for making me cry. I feel like I have to ask permission before I go anywhere, especially if there will be alcohol there. I go away to university soon as I have an unconditional offer. I am so excited to go out and party but I feel like he will make me feel bad on purpose and guilt trip me. My parents feel that he always puts me down and nothing I do is ever good enough, and if I do do something good, he always ignores it or puts it down. I don't know what to do, because I always get Manipulated into thinking it's MY fault.
I need tips on how to not give unto him.

What a ****ing weirdo, leave him. This is only going to go downhill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending