The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Brexit effects on tuition fees/scholarship????

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/eu-referendum-what-brexit-means-11521538
According to the link provided the university of warwick is funded by the eu around 13mil a year. Will brexit have an effect on tuition fees or the amount of scholarships (the wbs ones in particular) offered for prospective postgrads applying for the academic year 2017? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Vallern
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/eu-referendum-what-brexit-means-11521538
According to the link provided the university of warwick is funded by the eu around 13mil a year. Will brexit have an effect on tuition fees or the amount of scholarships (the wbs ones in particular) offered for prospective postgrads applying for the academic year 2017? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

I'm just quoting an e-mail that I received yesterday as an offer holder:

"Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that if your current Warwick offer states that you are a Home student for fees purposes, and you register at the University in 2016/17, we will continue to set your fees at the relevant Home rate for the duration of your course."

Secondly, I quote a blog article from Warwick's Vice-Chancellor, Stuart Croft:
"The first concerns our students who are citizens from other EU countries. Many are concerned about their fee and immigration status. We currently have some 1260 such students registered on undergraduate degrees, as well as around 700 students who participate each year in Erasmus exchanges between Warwick and other EU institutions. Regarding fees, we have said confidently that those already registered will not be affected by any fee changes the government might subsequently impose; and that will hold also for those seeking to join us this Autumn. There will be a two year window at least for the negotiations. Therefore, logically, any fee change would not occur until 2020. That is not to accept the principle of a change to the fee regime; it is a worst case analysis."

You have your information, I hope!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Midaftann
I'm just quoting an e-mail that I received yesterday as an offer holder:

"Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that if your current Warwick offer states that you are a Home student for fees purposes, and you register at the University in 2016/17, we will continue to set your fees at the relevant Home rate for the duration of your course."

Secondly, I quote a blog article from Warwick's Vice-Chancellor, Stuart Croft:
"The first concerns our students who are citizens from other EU countries. Many are concerned about their fee and immigration status. We currently have some 1260 such students registered on undergraduate degrees, as well as around 700 students who participate each year in Erasmus exchanges between Warwick and other EU institutions. Regarding fees, we have said confidently that those already registered will not be affected by any fee changes the government might subsequently impose; and that will hold also for those seeking to join us this Autumn. There will be a two year window at least for the negotiations. Therefore, logically, any fee change would not occur until 2020. That is not to accept the principle of a change to the fee regime; it is a worst case analysis."

You have your information, I hope!

Thanks a lot for the information!!! I also hope that their generous scholarship scheme will remain unaffected
Congrats on your offer btw :-)
Original post by Vallern
Thanks a lot for the information!!! I also hope that their generous scholarship scheme will remain unaffected
Congrats on your offer btw :-)

You are very welcome! :smile:
I am not an expert concerning Warwick's scholarships, but some other TSR members could probably tell you more about that. Still, I think that the best option remains to send an e-mail to the relevant office at Warwick.

Thank you, hope to see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest